• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do BIG bunnies get on better with dogs?

oOoh... ;)

Don't know why im here... if anything our Ronnie plays the dog up, he tends to chase her :? Lottie and George are ok with the dog, and Lola, well, she just ignores Poppa :)

I don't know the answer to this one!

I have had my french lop for three weeks. She has ignored the dog and cats until today but I just had to stop her biting the dog and when I got the dog away I realised she had a mouthful of cat fur! Not really sure what rattled her cage tonight. :roll:

Get them both whilst they are young. Oscar (8 months) loves going to play with another giant bunny called George. And George has a pet Cocker pup who they both love playing with.

Get them both whilst they are young. Oscar (8 months) loves going to play with another giant bunny called George. And George has a pet Cocker pup who they both love playing with.

As in at the same time? I would probably get a rescue puppy or younger dog when the time comes, but the buns will be whatever age is available in rescue. It wouldn't be a big dog, probably medium sized at most.

I just wondered whether bigger buns do better as they are generally more chilled out and better matched in size!

Becky - don't get any ideas, this is for "after the circus trio" kind of future.... long time yet!

My French lop Barney was brilliant friends with my dog and Phoebe my cat in particular. I have two large buns now and it is the same. However I also have the loveliest laid back dog who adores all of my animals:wave:

All my bunnies have been fine with the dogs ranging from small-ish dutchies to 3.3 kg heffers :lol:. I don't think it matters whether you've got a big dog and a small bunny or a 'handbag' dog and a conti - it's how you teach them to interact that matters.

depends on the rabbit not the breed all mine get on okay with most animals yet apple hated cats and once bit a dog and chased it off when it went for my daughter !

I have buns ranging from 900g upto 6500g, and they're all fab with the dogs -even tiny little Joey isn't in the slightest bit daunted by the dogs.

If the dog is respectful then size doesn't really matter.

Even my anti social and fiesty rabbits are relaxed in the dogs company.

my nan's yorkie was brougt up with rabbits, from when i had thumper. she wonlt harm them or even attempt to chase or anything

she licked thumper and looked all sad for her when i was on holiday and thumper was dying on my nans knee, thumper was old and got pneamonia :cry:

when mitzi died she seemed to know and slept on my bed we where on holiday again and she never slept with me before

and once when nan was away, mowgli somehow opened my bedrrom door, the rabbits did a moonlight flit and headed off downstairs, i walked down on the bunnies sat on the rug and my nans yorkie lying their too :shock: :oops: :lol:

Back