• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

berties had a massive seizure

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:cry: he was washing his lefthand side again...off he went..for a time between 5 and 10 minutes:cry:
nikki was comforting him...not holding him down but gently trying to prevent him breaking his back........or neck:cry:

bluebell was hysterical...she ran and hid behind me..then she touched her nose on his nose for a :cry:split second...came back and sat by my elbow looking up at me then down at bertie..then up at nikki then down at bertie...then i told her its ok...and she lay behind me until he stopped.
he came round in the litter tray..yep he wobbled the short distance into it and began the furious non licking licking...when hed calmed down a bit...she washed his head and face all over.
hes just stepped out the tray and laid down..she licked his eyes and he gently licked her ear a few times.

he has blood stained saliva down under his chin.....i get that from my fits..its soft tissue damage.

but I AM SO STUPID---I PANICKED AND TOTALLY FORGOT THE RECTAL VALIUM!!:censored::censored:

this week has been so messed up i never even got to ring to ask if bluebells baycox was in..or to make an apt for berties toxoplasmosis blood test and first depocilin jab.:(

vibes for my big boy....please.

Adding my vibes for gorgeous, snuggle bun, Bertie.

If you need any help with his injections, Debbie, just text or 'phone as I could come over and either hold him while you give the jab or give him the jab while you hold him. I've given cats injections as well as bunnies, so am used to fur babies a bit bigger than the average bun. I know I've struggled to do them on my own in the past.

omg thank you xxx

omg karen hunny.....thats so bloomin nice of you:love:
i will get bertie his 1st jab at the vets in case he has a nasty..or gods forbid a fatal reaction.

then karen i will pay you the taxi fare costs....£10 each way:shock::wave:

i will be in touch:wave:

vibes keep em coming pleeez....and a hug or two for bluebell xx

How upsetting for you all. Don't be hard on yourself- it's easy to panic and forget things in a crisis.

Sending 'no more fits' vibes xx

Adding more vibes for Bertie.

Don't worry about taxi fares, Debbie. I can use my car on short journeys still, but wouldn't risk it going too far (am borrowing a car today as the trip is over an hour).

If you can put a load of washing on for me occasionally I would really, really appreciate that as washing by hand is a bit of a nightmare and with the hours I work using a launderette isn't easy either:(

thank you.

bluebells still playing nursemaid..but goit a bit carried away and bertie chased her off.

bertie is eating a little and had a piece of wholemeal toast..yummy he said.

hes washing himself but i dread it i really do..especially if he turns to the left.

i was stroking bluebell and found something white and stringy in her fur...thought it was worms....its not...its thick white snot...:(

this morning ive booked bertie in to see saski tuesday morning. And that was before i saw the snot.

i have got additional baytril left...i think ill put him on it till i see the vet.....poor old man.:(

Its why im taking on bluebells sisters.....in case anything happens to bertie....she cant live with melrin as hes on a strict diet....free ranging frenchie..means lots of nom nom noms compared to a little lionhead cross with a eating problem..he cant stop.

i dont know whats going to hapen to bertie....but i hope he makes it at least a few years longer....we will all be lost without him:cry:

the fit and the sudden reappearance of the white snot makes me convinced its linked..the seizures and pasturella.:(

but he will also be blood tested for toxoplasmosis....he has always been living up close and personal with dogs and cats at his old home. Hes lived with cats here.....but his 1st seizure was a few weeks before we got the kittens....we had zuzu but she wasnt pooping in the tray or weeing in it....

BUT the cats and buns drink from the same bowl....even tho i give them separate bowls..over the years ive found cats prefer to drink from bunnies bowls and even bottles...odd but true. maybe bunny drool tastes nice to cats?

vibes keep em coming.

Poor little guy.
One of my dogs suffered fits due to kidney failure and it just makes you feel so helpless.

Loads of vibes for the little man x

thank you so much...he needs all he can get..hes such a lovely old fella...hes like a lazy labrador or a teddy bear:love:

i was never a REW bunny fan...and have been converted by my handsome fella:love:

039-1.jpg

027.jpg

a lover..not a fighter....

samsungmobile173.jpg

Back