• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

99p Flea Treatment !

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
I use flea treatment on all 3 of my rabbit about twice per year. I went in to Aldi with my Nana to find a huge box full of My little friend spot on treatment ! They were 99p each. So my nana bought me the whole box ahaa so I have loads left :D

Personally I would never use supermarket flea treatments. They are well documented to cause burns, allergies and other adverse reactions. You are lucky that you haven't had any. Unless you have other animals that have fleas, it shouldnt be necessary to treat rabbits for fleas.

Personally I would never use supermarket flea treatments. They are well documented to cause burns, allergies and other adverse reactions. You are lucky that you haven't had any. Unless you have other animals that have fleas, it shouldnt be necessary to treat rabbits for fleas.

It not to get rid of fleas its too prevent fleas, and it isnt a supermarket brand its that spot on stuff :)

It not to get rid of fleas its too prevent fleas, and it isnt a supermarket brand its that spot on stuff :)

Rabbits shouldn't need preventative flea treatment - so even if it is 99p, you can save yourself 99p by not treating them! They do not roam and come into contact with other animals with fleas in the same way that cats and dogs do and are therefore much less at risk of getting fleas unless they are housebunnies where dogs/cats have fleas...although the safest way to deal with this is to treat the cat/dog and not the bunny.

Personally I wouldn't put any shop bought flea treatment on any of my animals; the ones that work 'properly' and safely are prescription only and only available from your vet or authorised stockist. Things that can be bought over the counter use different chemicals and there are many reports of adverse reactions and even death from using them - have a look here for instance: http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/BOB-MARTIN-SPOT-ON-TREATMENT-POTENTIALLY-LETHAL_W0QQugidZ10000000012753764 It's just not worth the risk in my opinion.

Back