• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So I found out why my hutch was taking so long :(

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I ordered one of the Freddie hutches (from Bits for Pets) for my buns base in the shed, as their old hutch fell apart. I went on the fact the site had so many good reviews, and the hutch looked good for a base. Also, everyone said they had speedy delivery, and as the buns currently have no where to sleep, I needed something fast.

Well its been 9 days since I ordered it, and so yesterday I contected them to ask if there was a tracking number as it still hadn't arrived. They said they had no tracking number but would check with couriers.

So the courier in Inverness phoned today...apparently they hadn't put the full address on, just my name, second line of the address (which isn't even my village!), and the phone number (which was wrong, although the number they did phone knew my number so passed it on). :censored: The woman also said they had delayed packages from Bits for Pets as they have had trouble getting the money off them for the deliveries. :evil:

I paid over £30 for delivery because I live in the Highlands, so I am well annoyed at that service from Bits for Pets :censored: the couriers were very polite about it to me though, but still that its going to be another 5 days until they can deliver my hutch. :cry: I could cry, I have waited so long for it, and my buns need somewhere warm!

How frustrating. :( It is still quite cold where I am so I imagine the girls will be wanting the new hutch to keep them cosy.

I ordered one of the Freddie hutches (from Bits for Pets) for my buns base in the shed, as their old hutch fell apart. I went on the fact the site had so many good reviews, and the hutch looked good for a base. Also, everyone said they had speedy delivery, and as the buns currently have no where to sleep, I needed something fast.

Well its been 9 days since I ordered it, and so yesterday I contected them to ask if there was a tracking number as it still hadn't arrived. They said they had no tracking number but would check with couriers.

So the courier in Inverness phoned today...apparently they hadn't put the full address on, just my name, second line of the address (which isn't even my village!), and the phone number (which was wrong, although the number they did phone knew my number so passed it on). :censored: The woman also said they had delayed packages from Bits for Pets as they have had trouble getting the money off them for the deliveries. :evil:

I paid over £30 for delivery because I live in the Highlands, so I am well annoyed at that service from Bits for Pets :censored: the couriers were very polite about it to me though, but still that its going to be another 5 days until they can deliver my hutch. :cry: I could cry, I have waited so long for it, and my buns need somewhere warm!

Hi Happysaz,

I'm Sean from Bits for Pets, first let me apologise for the delay in receiving your hutch. Sometimes people make mistakes and it would appear that on your order two mistakes had been made. The first line of the address and your phone number were marked incorrectly.

Unfortunately, the delivery charges to Scottish Highland addresses are very high but we are looking into changing our courier for Highand addresses so that we can make things more economical for our customers.

As for the courier's comment that "they had been having trouble getting money", I find it troubling that someone that effectively works for us would say such a thing! The courier holds all the cards when it comes to accounts. If we don't pay on time then they don't collect from us. We'd go out of business in no time at all. I can assure you that our account with our courier is paid up to date.

I really wish you had contacted us a little sooner then we could have resolved the problem more quickly. The extra five days delay must be due to the products being returned to the original collection depot.

Despite the delay I am certain that you will be very happy with the hutch. If you decide to place a further order then please call me direct and I will make sure that you receive some kind of compensation for the delay.

Knd Regards
Sean
Bits for Pets

Back