• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Was I right to do this?

allie1904

Mama Doe
We went in to P@H today to see if any of the syrians were still up for adoption but they had gone (happy and sad at the same time :shock:)

and..

There was the most gorgeous little black bunny in one of the cages of the adoption centre, I knelt down and chatted to 'it' and 'it' put 'its' paws up on the glass and its nose was really heavy with discharge, it also didn't have any food or hay in its hutch.

Whilst paying for my hay I told the girl on the till about his nose and that it could do with some hay..

and my god..

The look I got :shock:

My words were:

"I'm not sure if you are aware already or not but the little black bunny in the adoption centre has got a really snotty nose, it could also do with a bit of hay"

I don't think I sounded abrupt or anything it was a just incase sort of thing. She didn't seem aware already.
:shock:

Yes you were right to say it :) If an animal is suffering either through wilful neglect or just ignorance, it makes sense to draw someone's attention to it, whether it pees them off or not ;)

It might be worth checking back on it to see if it's ok, if not try ringing head office and tell them one of their branches is selling sick animals and not feeding them properly.

of course you were right...in fact I would have waited till a staff memeber sorted the bunny out...I know how oyu fell...Ive been in a similar situation & the staff probably know that I will go and find some one until a problem is sorted out...well done you and next time oyu in there have another look...they should have taken the bunny out to the vets straight away...there is a vet in the P@H near me...and they have done that before....doesnt matter how the staff are..its the well being of the animal thats the main concern and you did do the right thing....:)

Yes you were right to say it :) If an animal is suffering either through wilful neglect or just ignorance, it makes sense to draw someone's attention to it, whether it pees them off or not ;)

It might be worth checking back on it to see if it's ok, if not try ringing head office and tell them one of their branches is selling sick animals and not feeding them properly.

I agree..the fact there was no hay etc in the cage is an issue...in fact Id take a photot next time so you have proof if they say there was food. Id def check in again...:)

We are going past tomorrow afternoon again so will stop back in and have a little check on him/her :)

The girl made it seem that I was causing her some massive inconvience, yes there was a big queue but there was two people on the tills.

xxx

We are going past tomorrow afternoon again so will stop back in and have a little check on him/her :)

The girl made it seem that I was causing her some massive inconvience, yes there was a big queue but there was two people on the tills.

xxx

Ignore her....its part of their jobs ....:roll:
Let us know how the bunny is doing!:)

Back