• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with housing please.

pepperpot

Warren Scout
I've been trawling the internet for a new hutch for the past week and have reduced my search to these 2 ..........has anyone any advice which one......is one better than the other? Either way it would be 5ft....no room for anything longer or deeper.
I definitely want a bottom run and will also have a separate run for when I'm able to supervise.

Thanks.

http://www.rehutches.com/single-rabbit-hutch-open-bottom-run-plywood.php

http://www.bitsforpets.com/5ft-doub...p-4091.html?osCsid=kn6d3lkk5v4g0l1q4b9t36nj41

I prefer the 2nd one, but no expert on housing.

If it includes the run, that seems a good deal. I also like the fact that the wiring is fox proof.

Thanks for the replies :wave:

I like the Freddie but something pulls me to the build of the Ryedale.

I wonder if there's anyone on here who's got either of the hutches and could give a first hand view :)

I have a Ryedale 5ft hutch and run added on, not the one in the pic but the extra thick 9mm loglap. They are MUCH STURDIER than the Freddie looks (and there is not mention I think of the wood sizing that it is made from?)

Ryedales should last longer. Having said that Peter has managed to chew RIGHT THROUGH the side wall (all 9mm plus the loglap covering) He would have reduced a lesser built one to matchsticks withing weeks I reckon. Think carefully if you have a chewer (he has to be locked into the hutch at night with Lola for safety and I reckon he plots to escape then)

Mmmm....I thought the Ryedale would be the stronger tbh.:wave:

Are you happy with it.....apart from having it chewed :D

I supposed that would have happened with any hutch if you have a determined chewer!

I haven't got my new bunny yet, but have not yet had a chewer.

Cheers

Back