• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping hay contained..

allie1904

Mama Doe
My boys won't eat thier hay out of a container, they've got to empty the container firsts and then eat it!

Do ceramic bowls work any better at not being tipped over?

xx

It would depend on how they are getting it out of the container. If they are tipping it then it could work. I have a couple of buns who dig it out so it doesn't matter what I try hay still goes everywhere! :lol:

They sort of play with it like a frisbee :shock:

They don't like their fleeces tidy either, they've got to be digged and left in a heap :roll:

Hay is a nightmare. The best way I've found is to keep it all in their litter trays (underbed storage boxes) then they can dig and move the hay around and forage to their heart's content but most of it stays in the boxes.

Hay everywhere here too.
Jenson likes to empty it on the mat in his cage and eat it, sometimes he's good as gold and sits in his tray and eats the hay, other times he was to get it everywhere first.

Back