• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smelly poops

Bitzy

Mama Doe
....... not really horrible smelly poops but just now and again the buns do some poops that smell a bit - not caecotrophs either, proper raisin poops!

I've read somewhere that they sometimes secrete like a mucus substance with their poops to mark their territory .... could this be what the smell is? Like I say, it isn't a 'bad' smell, its just different. :?

no idea, but pearls used to smell weird and i put it down to all the medication she was on.

Alvin and Holly's are smell free :D

no idea, but pearls used to smell weird and i put it down to all the medication she was on.

Alvin and Holly's are smell free :D

Thanks for the reply - they're not on any medication and most days they're totally smell free, its just the odd time I've noticed it ....and like I say, its not a horrible smell, just a 'different' smell....... unless its actually they're wee's I'm smelling when its particularly warm in the room or something!?!? Hhhhmmm think I need to do more investigating! :?

Thanks for the reply - they're not on any medication and most days they're totally smell free, its just the odd time I've noticed it ....and like I say, its not a horrible smell, just a 'different' smell....... unless its actually they're wee's I'm smelling when its particularly warm in the room or something!?!? Hhhhmmm think I need to do more investigating! :?

could be fresh wee.. thats a scary smell when they first do it :lol: maybe its just a **** from the greens :lol:

hmmm that word i used for wind is a norty word :shock:

could be fresh wee.. thats a scary smell when they first do it :lol: maybe its just a **** from the greens :lol:

hmmm that word i used for wind is a norty word :shock:

Are you telling me that bunnies actually parrump/puffle/fluff ??? :shock:

I don't know the answer but would be interesting to know.
Sometimes Jenson does stinky poops, the look just like normal and usually they don't smell, but sometimes they do and the smell just fades away after a few minutes.

Back