• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit of a dilema. Some of my buns need new homes.

Hi guys, I've just read the buns looking for homes section and my post dosn't really fit into that bit. So sorry if I am posting in wrong bit.

I run a Guinea pig rescue. I have around 100 piggies at the moment. I do also have 4 volenteers, my self and my partner. So we manage very well.

My delima is that I have 35 buns. Plus 1 bun that came in 3 weeks ago and has just given me a litter of 8. They have come in with Guinea pigs freinds over the last 17 months. I'm due to go into hospital for a section mid August. I will be in hospital for a week and off my feet for 4 / 6 weeks.

I myself always clean and sort the buns. Being a guinea rescue I don't think it's fair that the volenteers do the buns. It will get harder cleaning them has I get bigger. But it's when I'm off my feet i'm worred. I need to cut down to about half what I have now.

No one seems to want rabbits. All the rescues are full. My local pets at home adoption section is full of rabbits they could not sell as babies. And is now full up older rabitts from there over stock. My rspca have taken 2 buns from me to help me, but can't take any more. My free ads and pre loved are full of rabbits free to good home.

What do I do? Put them up for adoption on my website? But I don't want this to show that I take in unwanted rabbits. One woman got really cross last week. (I took a guinea and a rabbit from a freind of hers 12 mths ago.) I said no to her 1 rabbit. She was screaming down the phone at me "And what and I surposed to do with this rabbit?" I could put them on free ads but don't want them just to go to anyone. Plus they would have to be free, as so many on there are.

I have some lovley buns. All mine live in bonded pairs. 1 of every 2 are snipped. As they live boy / girl. I have loin heads, tortouse shell dutch, white with tan spots, uppy ears, floppy ears and 1 helicoptor ears. Not to mention the 8 rex babies. if anyone would like to know more about them please drop me a PM. Or any surgestions with my dilma.:cry:

I'm based in Dorset.

You could put them on the rabbit rehome website and also pm SOAD on here to put them up in the rabbits in need section.

You havent mentioned whether you have already or not, but they will find homes quicker if they are vaccinated as well. It would also help if they are both neutered but I dont know if funds will allow you to do this...

Good luck :wave:

I still think you can put them on your website. I volunteer for a rescue and I know what its like when people are rude down the phone and in person, but there is no point in not advertising them.

I agree with Kittykat23uk's comment too :) Perhaps some bunny lovers can help you care for them?

Whats the name of your guinea pig rescue? Im friends with Anna from Wheek and Sqeak.

I would pop the bunnies on the database of RR, so anyone looking for a rabbit in Dorset will find you. You can also highlight them under Rabbits in Need.

Back