PDA

View Full Version : Feel quite sick at what i have just found

emmiiee
17-02-2011, 08:46 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RABBIT-SKIN-pelt-fur-hide-craft-taxidermy-fly-tying-/370398418126?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimalCollectables _SM&hash=item563d7754ce

is that actual rabbit fur :/ !!!!!

allie1904
17-02-2011, 08:53 PM
My 'friend' has a rabbits foot on a keyring :censored:

whitehood
17-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Yuck !

Barn Yard Bunnies
17-02-2011, 08:58 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RABBIT-SKIN-pelt-fur-hide-craft-taxidermy-fly-tying-/370398418126?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimalCollectables _SM&hash=item563d7754ce

is that actual rabbit fur :/ !!!!!

I am afraid ebay allows the selling of any fur, except endangered species. I buy and sell alot of vintage clothing, I see so many rabbit fur coats on there. I never buy from anyone who sells a vintage fur item. It maybe 50 years old or older but it is still encouraging people that it is fine to wear fur.

happysaz133
17-02-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it, they are often used for training greyhounds or entertaining the pet ones sometimes, which I personally don't have any issue with.

As long as it is killed humanely and the meat is not wasted, I don't mind it.

RubyTed
17-02-2011, 09:07 PM
They have a vintage Leopard skin rug there too. :(

TBH I'm generally fine with vintage fur (as there's nothing you can do about it) but that really choked me up.

All I can hope is that the rabbits were killed for meat as then the fur is just a by-product. I use leather, so don't see why people shouldn't be able to have fur from any animal that they eat.

emmiiee
17-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it, they are often used for training greyhounds or entertaining the pet ones sometimes, which I personally don't have any issue with.

As long as it is killed humanely and the meat is not wasted, I don't mind it.

ooo that suprises me that you are okay with it !

happysaz133
17-02-2011, 09:08 PM
ooo that suprises me that you are okay with it !

Why? Not much bothers me :lol:

emmiiee
17-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Why? Not much bothers me :lol:

well you were always the one I fell out with aha ! remeber them times, because I wasn't doing this right for my rabbits and wasn't doing that right for my rabbits etc, so thought u would be dead against killing rabbits!

minirex
17-02-2011, 10:10 PM
No different to products made from leather really. People eat rabbit and it's in cat/dog food too. I've seen cat toys made with rabbit fur.

happysaz133
18-02-2011, 08:38 PM
well you were always the one I fell out with aha ! remeber them times, because I wasn't doing this right for my rabbits and wasn't doing that right for my rabbits etc, so thought u would be dead against killing rabbits!

Just mistreating them/not housing them correctly etc. And breeding hamsters :p I remember that argument well :lol:

Tis OK though, I like you now, and see you are trying to do what's best for them.

emmiiee
18-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Just mistreating them/not housing them correctly etc. And breeding hamsters :p I remember that argument well :lol:

Tis OK though, I like you now, and see you are trying to do what's best for them.

haa you lot were well mean lmao! i havn't been on that forum in agesss, find this one alot more hmm wots the word, less demanding hehe :P

generally just got bored on the other one ha x