• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ear mite infection

leanne2525

Warren Scout
I went to pick a rabbit up today , she was just in bottom of breeders block, they had got her to breed then decided not too so know longer wanted her, my partner had just got me 2 6 foot hutches so i could keep a rabbit i took in the other day, so i had room and personally was a bit shocked that this rabbit was identical to one i took the other day and only a few miles from each other, and apparently shes a beveren which is what i thought lucian (rabbit i just got) was , well i got her home and noticed she was holding her head funny and when i looked in her ear she has mites and quite bad, we just got back from vets and they said it was a severe mite infection and they gave her 2 injections and antibiotics :(
she is quite shy and going to vets didnt help but i didnt want it to spread to my other rabbits or her be in pain, we have named her precious she has to go back to vets in two weeks

Back