• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bunnies

Tmitchell167

Young Bun
Hi everyone my babies are twelve days old today and some have started to crawl out of the nest.am really worried mum is going to stand on them or hurt them,also do I need to put out water for them?.;)Xx

Hi everyone my babies are twelve days old today and some have started to crawl out of the nest.am really worried mum is going to stand on them or hurt them,also do I need to put out water for them?.;)Xx

hello hun,

Don't worry mom will be careful. If anything she'll be running away from them. Please ensure mom can get some 'free time'. Like if in an indoor cage open her cage door but ensure babies can't escape.

Have a small water bottle down really low. They don't start eating the pellets and drinking water until about 3/4 weeks old.

I'm sure someone more experienced can give more advice. :)

On your other thread I asked whether their eyes are open, and also if you normally use a bottle?

Yes four of them have both their eyes opened and the other two have just one eye opened.I usually just have a water bottle on the moms side.;)Xxx

Its fine for them to wander around, so don't worry. Mum will be careful.

You can add a bowl if you like, as far away from the nest as possible. They will most likely be tasting hay and soon will start with the pellets and water (mine started from as soon as they left the nest). Equally though, a lower water bottle (or three) would also be fine :)

Back