• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this hutch big enough for large breeds?

its big enough for 2 small/medium buns. also it doesnt look terribly good quality to me and i dont think it will last that long. you will be better off going with a Happy hutch or a rabbit hutch shop hutch.
:wave:

its big enough for 2 small/medium buns. also it doesnt look terribly good quality to me and i dont think it will last that long. you will be better off going with a Happy hutch or a rabbit hutch shop hutch.
:wave:

I am not looking to buy a hutch myself, I was just wondering if it was misleading to the public who may buy hutches thinking they are approved by a trusted organisation such as the RWAF only to discover they are too small.

If the 17" measurement is the height then it's not big enough full stop as most rabbits would probably struggle to stand up fully upright in it. :?

It's a massive improvement to what they had before though - it's funny - I had a huge rant at them a few months ago about the size of the hutches they had on sale and referred them to the RWAF website...... be nice to think someone out there listened. :)

I've noticed that they have large hutch and runs at the Notcutts nearest to us too - they were 6x2x2 over a 6x4 run.

If the 17" measurement is the height then it's not big enough full stop as most rabbits would probably struggle to stand up fully upright in it. :?

It's a massive improvement to what they had before though - it's funny - I had a huge rant at them a few months ago about the size of the hutches they had on sale and referred them to the RWAF website...... be nice to think someone out there listened. :)

I've noticed that they have large hutch and runs at the Notcutts nearest to us too - they were 6x2x2 over a 6x4 run.

But they have put approved by RAWF approved by all hutches event the smaller ones.

If you're concerned you could always email the link to the RWAF and let them check it out themselves :)

Ditto to this - I hadn't realised that all the hutches had the approval attached to them.

They did have the RWAF leaflets 'A Hutch is not Enough' when I was in there recently...... worth getting in touch with the RWAF and see what they say about it?? :)

The RWA campaign is to not stock any hutches smaller than 4'x2' and to include 5-6' ones as well. As far as I know they don't approve individual hutches. If you think they aren't following that drop the RWA an email and they can chase um ;)

The RWA campaign is to not stock any hutches smaller than 4'x2' and to include 5-6' ones as well. As far as I know they don't approve individual hutches. If you think they aren't following that drop the RWA an email and they can chase um ;)

Thank you for explaining this, I thought 6ft was the recommended minimum size for rabbits.

Back