• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bored bunnies, i feel bad

lauraandmike

Warren Scout
My 2 outdoor buns have been living in the front room since December when one of them had an operation.

Polly is really struggling with this now and is very very bored, she is constantly trying to get out. I cant let them run through the house or in to the garden because we have our house bunny in the middle room! We have no spare rooms to put him in.

The situation is also putting me on edge and feeling agitated, i spend time with them but its no substitute for fun!

I move the furniture every day and chase them round but it only keeps them busy for minutes. She has eaten the settee and peeled off the wallpaper, not that i care!

I dont think there is a solution to this, I just feel really cruel :cry: and guilty

Could put her outside in the run on nice days?

Cardboard boxes with holes in them...connecting them with tunnels? make home made toys with treat inside them?

I'm in the same situation with Oscar and Sea.

Because Oscar is permanantly poorly with one thing or another they have lived indoors since last September. Both of them love the garden and being outside, and I can see they just aren't as happy inside.

I give them tunnels and boxes to wreck, and I change them often for variety, and they have a huge space to live in, but the only time they're truly happy is when they're in the garden.

Now the weather is getting brighter they're given short sessions outside (Oscar's leg can't cope with too much running around, and he tends to go mad in the garden:lol:), but its difficult keeping their indoor area stimulating, particularly when one of them has limited mobility.

Can you allow them limited time outside in better weather - particularly for the rabbit that is fine and fit?

I'm in the same situation with Oscar and Sea.

Because Oscar is permanantly poorly with one thing or another they have lived indoors since last September. Both of them love the garden and being outside, and I can see they just aren't as happy inside.

I give them tunnels and boxes to wreck, and I change them often for variety, and they have a huge space to live in, but the only time they're truly happy is when they're in the garden.

Now the weather is getting brighter they're given short sessions outside (Oscar's leg can't cope with too much running around, and he tends to go mad in the garden:lol:), but its difficult keeping their indoor area stimulating, particularly when one of them has limited mobility.

Can you allow them limited time outside in better weather - particularly for the rabbit that is fine and fit?

I would love to let them out, but i only pick them up when its essential. Also i know how they react in a new space and this could cause fights. Vincent is indoors because he had abcesses removed, possibly where Polly bit him, so i cant risk any frisky business! i need to introduce them to outside with a little bit of space at a time.

We have installed a radiator in the outhouse so we could hopefully put them out, and knocked a hole through to the hutchand run, but the room wont heat above 11 degrees, and colder when its 2 degrees or less,
i have to add that we are not plumbers and we have now realised that the radiator is too small for the room! oops

I just needed to talk to some rabbit people about our frustation!

i think i will look in pets at home for some tunnels on the way home from work :?

Back