• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Routines

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
How many of you have one? E.g, doing things at certain times?

If you do, and that routine gets broken for any reason, e.g, food being given an hour later for example, do your bunny(s) show noticeable distain and upset at their routine being broken?

Curious :)

How many of you have one? E.g, doing things at certain times?

If you do, and that routine gets broken for any reason, e.g, food being given an hour later for example, do your bunny(s) show noticeable distain and upset at their routine being broken?

Curious :)

Our four generally get meals at roughly the same time, and if we are late then we get grumpy faces!
It doesn't upset tummies or anything - just makes them mad!

I have a rough routine.

Mum feeds lionheads pellets about 8am
I feed the lops when I get up and give all four bunnies hay
Greens after dinner and then I usually give both rooms a sweep before pellets before bed.

It's a rough routine though, nothing's done at set times apart from maybe the lionheads pellets.

Smudge went into stasis when I was giving them pellets as it was all over the place and I think he may have sulked and not eaten and then his tummy issues took over. Since Mum's been doing we haven't had any stasis episodes... yet.

Not really... He gets fed when I'm going to bed but that time can vary, and he gets fed earlier if I'm out co my mam does it.
That's about it!

I also have a rough routine... though its not always the same time.

As soon as im up, washed and dressed i tend to the bunnies first, so they usually get fed around 9am and let out to free range.
And then i put them to bed and give them their dinner when it starts getting dark outside, sometimes depending on when i have dinner i go out to them a little later then usual and they just fuss as if i had forgotten them :roll: :lol:
Alot of grunting by fuzzy if i go out there late :lol: They all start nudging and trying to get to their bowls while im filling them up :lol:

I too have a rough routine. They are fed their pellets as soon as I get up and will stand by the bed and stare at me if I am abit late waking up :lol:
They have their veg at the same time as we have our tea, Max is very aware of this, you can set your watch by him :roll: I always have to give him his veg before making dinner otherwise I have a grunty bunny running in and out of my legs, digging at my trousers and tripping me up :evil::lol: He also gets VERY moody and troublesome if he doesnt get his veg one evening for some reason :roll:

I too have a rough routine. They are fed their pellets as soon as I get up and will stand by the bed and stare at me if I am abit late waking up :lol:
They have their veg at the same time as we have our tea, Max is very aware of this, you can set your watch by him :roll: I always have to give him his veg before making dinner otherwise I have a grunty bunny running in and out of my legs, digging at my trousers and tripping me up :evil::lol: He also gets VERY moody and troublesome if he doesnt get his veg one evening for some reason :roll:

Bouncer "routine" consists of:

Hopping towards me and begging for food whenever I'm around and then pulling a grumpy, unimpressed face when he doesn't get any. This is very consistent :roll::lol:

However "my" routine is:

OH does their breakfast at 0730
I do clean out & hay at 0830-0900
Buns morning papers are delivered.

Lunchtime hay re-fresh if at home + treat ball/free range time

I give them tea at 1700(ish) & do 2nd clean out.
Bedtime (inc stories) & natural noms at 2100(ish)

:wave::wave:

Last edited:
Not really. ATM i'm feeding during my lunch hour because I hate doing it in the dark :evil: If I don't do it then it would be after work. They don't seem to mind. They're always plased to see me...... I have food ;)

Ooooops no routine. But my old man bunny will keep banging his ball if he wants feeding. Its probably easier when they are indoors because I can see if they need something.

The 2 of them will just stare at me, until they get what they want. And its not pellets they are after.:wave:

Back