• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cremations..

beccimarie

Mama Doe
this is awful of me to ask but i never know when the time will come.. and i want to know i have my head round everything, i was thinking of cremations, but i dont know alot about them and i heard some people cremate loads of animals together, do i find the cremation place myself? if so i live in salisbury anyone know of good places?

Thank you xx

Your Vet should have arrangements in place for Pet Cremations. You can usually opt for either a standard 'group cremation' or an individual cremation and then have the ashes returned in a memorial casket.

Alternatively you can contact a Pet Crematorium yourself and make your own arrangements

I have used this one and the service was excellent

http://www.dignitypetcrem.co.uk/?gclid=CIyX-bTGjqcCFYpO4Qod-VjPcA

But they may be a bit too far away for you. So maybe try looking here

http://www.animalsathome.co.uk//atrest.php

I'd definitely suggest asking at your vets surgery. They will be able to talk you through it all.

We had kitkat cremated at my vets surgery and Fizz cremated after he went to the other vets for a PM. I actually prefer what the other vets did, it was more personal and more special.

So I would ask at the vets.

I had Squirrel rabbit cremated after he had a PM. That was through the vets, he came back in a cardboard box and has sat under my sideboard since :shock: Bit morbid but i don't know what to do with him....would have just buried him if he had hadn't of been cremated.

Yes you can go for group or have the ashes back. I went for group with Cuzzy our guinea pig who we lost at 6 months old after a long illness. My reason was I have small children I didn't want the ashes back and upset them further.

I regretted it to be honest, now we have a burial in the garden so the girls can say goodbye.

My vet organised everything all I had to do was take Cuzzy to the vets.

I have had all my past bunnies (and my cat) cremated.
I always opt for the individual cremation and then choose the casket that comes with a plaque with their name engraved on the top.
It costs about £80 but it's worth it.

I know it's ages away from you but I use Cambridge pet crematorium and you can either arrange to take your pet and pick up the ashed yourself or you can get the vet to do it and you just go and collect the casket from them when it's ready, usually in a day or two.

Back