• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple :O(

jazzywoo

Mama Doe
As i write this i cant help but cry :(
Today Apple our oldest continental giant and probably the oldest ever known died :(
from the moment she was born she caused cahos lol
jazzy was only 18mths old a tiny little thing she had just started to toddle and used to watch me while i was doing the rabbits, well this day i was feeding caitlin and while i was getting the hay jazzy said
mum i got attit it my attit it call appul i looked and said no its a rew we are not keeping a rew, jazzy said it my attit it appul well that was it i lost and apple stayed lol
from that day jazzy and apple were always together jazzy carried her everywhere, she was a pocket bunny and when she got too big she became a handbag bunny and a rucksack bunny everywhere jazzy was apple was right there beside her, they played together watched tv together went for walks it was rare you ever saw them apart and they were true friends always :)
when apple got too big for jazzy to carry which didnt take long lol apple went in the pram and she loved it even when her joints started to let her down she still tried to jump in the pram and we had to lift her up so she could get her ride
although jazzy and apple were the best of friends those who knew apple will know she was a right nutter who hated everyone but jazzy and i have had many chunks taken out of me as she bit me every day she hated me with a passion we always said she would live forever just to annoy me and even last night when she was very quiet and looking poorly she still bit me and bit a hole in my coat lol as i say we though she would live forever i have to say we were starting to believe that too as contis only live 3 years and apple was 7 and she would have been 8 in september ! she was even revieved by me a few years back after she collapsed in the garden after a game of football however she still out lived all her children, grand children and great grand children the only baby we have left now from our captain jack and apple breeding line is her great great grandson luchiano :)
although apple hated me and only loved jazzy well she was jazzys bunny she was the most amazing bunny we have ever owned she was crazy caused trouble and genually was a pain in the bum but she was loyal and loving and very protective towards jazzy she chased cats out of the garden and even chased and bit a stray dog that tried to go for jazzy that came in the garden !
we are all devistated that she has gone i just cant believe it jazzy is heart broken she said goodbye to her when she got back from school today everyday she helps feed and water the rabbits and every day she says your a good girl apple i love you apple and today was no different but this time she had tears running down her face :( apple was her first bunny they have grown up together and they have been through everything together shared secrets and they had something i have never had with a pet it was magic watching them together
well today we have said goodbye to a very special girl and a true friend well she was a true friend to at least one of us :)
r.i.p apple you were amazing and we will never forget you xx
Jaswiv-1.jpg

Jas1.jpg

apple2.jpg

otley019.jpg

otley022.jpg

beckiphotoshoot101.jpg

beckiphotoshoot100.jpg

xmaspartyy022.jpg

xmaspartyy024.jpg

with great great grandson luchiano
34daysandbunnies017.jpg

34daysandbunnies016.jpg

I am so so sorry. Apple was your beautiful bunny and I really feel for you.

thanks hun
i just cant believe it all jazzy kept saying was apple did know how much we loved her didnt she mum
of course she did, jazzy told her every day lol
it was heart breaking watching jazzy with her today silent tears run down her face while she told apple about her day and and as always she ended with your a good girl i love you apple oh god i was in floods of tears wouldnt mind but that rabbit hated me lol
ive was dreading school pick up all day knowing tha i was going to break jazzys heart
i just keep remembering that tiny little girl saying i got attit it my attit it call appul thats one day i will never forget and i have to say i am so pleased i gave in and let jazzy keep her as they had such an amazing relationship
im just so proud of her today she has done better than me i just keep crying she has gone out to chat with her alone so im not sure what was said then or how she was but she seems ok for now
were having a funeral hopefully tomorrow if jon can get back from work early if not it will be saturday
either way this girl is not going to the vet she is staying at home

What a beautiful and well loved girl. Jazzy did so well looking after her and you can tell she was such a happy rabbit.

Rest in peace.

Binky free Apple.
Luchiano is her only descendent you have now? She sure was long lived for a conti and perhaps she is what you have been looking for to prolong their lives.

What a beautiful story...im in floods of tears...I had that kind of relationship when I was a little girls too....bless you all in the is hard times...binky free Apple ....xxxxx:cry:

Binky free Apple.
Luchiano is her only descendent you have now? She sure was long lived for a conti and perhaps she is what you have been looking for to prolong their lives.
thank you all for all your kind and loving comments
yes he is my last conti
it all started with 2 caitlin and captain jack sparrow many years ago and that was the start of my jack line pretty much all our contis were from that family line and many lived to good ages 4-5 years i didnt concentraite on size but health and type ok we didnt have the biggest contis but we did get to spend more time with them and they did well in shows :)
apple was born to caitlin and captain jack sparrow and luchiano is from her great grand daughter beth who we sadly lost last year but for some reason apple just kept going and it was only last week she started to look old and as the vet said she was amazing and we just cant cure old age :love:
all her children lived for at least 4-5 years which was just unbelieveble for the breed luchiano is now coming up 2 so only time will tell
i wont be getting any more contis now due to my bad back i have decided to stop with the big bunnies luchiano will stay here till its his time to join the rest of his family
she has 3 sons alive which are aged between 3-5
1 who is living with a friend of ours and another if hes still with us living with a man but he is neutured and there is a son also living local again all neutered so that it the end of the captain jack line i have to say its been the most rewarding and also heartbreaking journy i have had contis for 10 years now and anyone who is thinking of getting a giant if you can do so they are so loyal and loving and just amazing they are just such a joy to own :love:
thanks you again
apple was one in a million and we will miss her always and she will stay in our hearts along with her whole family :love:

I am actually in tears thinking about Jazzy saying goodby to Apple :cry:

She was a beautiful girl, I am so sorry you've lost her :cry:

Sweet dreams Apple xxxxx

I am actually in tears thinking about Jazzy saying goodby to Apple :cry:

She was a beautiful girl, I am so sorry you've lost her :cry:

Sweet dreams Apple xxxxx

im glad you wernt here yesterday watching her stroke her and telling her all about her day and saying goodbye it was heart breaking she is an amazing little girl is my daughter and i know it was so hard for her to say goodbye she was so brave :cry:
me well i was an emotional wreak over the years jazzy has lost alot of bunnies comes with the joy of owning them and ive seen her get so upset but yesterday it was like she was in shock and she was on auto pilot silent tears and i was expecting her to be well i dont know sobbing and not been able to stop it was harder to see her like she was to be honest when our cat died last year we had to keep her and james off school and jazzy cried for 5 hours none stop i guess i was expecting that again but she was so calm just talking to her and desperately trying not to let her voice break she told her what she had done at school and told her to be brave and not to be scared as she was going to see all her family and she was sure there would be someone just like her to push her in a pram whenever she wanted and she told her not to bite adidas cat again because it isnt nice lol and she told her to hi to everyone at rainbow bridge and told he to be happy and not worry about her because she wont forget her and she still loves her :cry:
im just waiting for it to hit her im guessing that will be at the funeral jazzy is insisting she is to stay at home and not go to the vet so we will be doing that soon as we can
we will just have to be there for her and pick up the pieces when it does hit her

Back