• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bopping?

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
went to tuck the babies up for the night and give ruby some more food, when i observed a really odd thing..... the babies bopping up and down and making little grunts.... and they turned mad when i made them jump a little stroking them:?

is this a normal thing with babies :/

Some mum's feed twice a day (especially with lots of kits). Most likely dusk and dawn. I used to be able to sit and watch Sandy feed her seven and it was both horrific and hilarious.

She's doing the right stuff :)

horrific why?
:?

i thought itd be nice, id love to go watch her feed she isnt bothered by my presence like i thought shed be.
is it normal for her to add more fur?

When she had 7 eight week old rabbits all underneath her, upside down and wriggling for food, they managed to lift her up and move her 30cm across the cage. It must just be so painful on the nipples.

Its gorgeous when they are little. Its a lovely thing to see. Its magical really. Sandy just had a rough ride.

Back