• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wood/Laminate Flooring

rachylou

Warren Veteran
How do your buns cope?
We currently live in a rented flat with carpet but are moving to a rented flat whihc has laminate flooring throughout and I am wondering how they will cope, especially with binkys? As they kind of tend to throw caution to the wind and fly when they binky what if they land funny and skid? :(

I have laminate and they do skid alot, need a pair of breaks on my pair. I haven't got a lot of furniture though and there is a big open space so they manage quite well.

xx

SiDney just races around and it doesnt seem to bother him, But Lola shuffles around like she is wearing slippers and only feels safe when she is on the rugs we have had to buy long runners for the hall as she wouldnt walk any where apart from zebra island( a zebra rug):lol::lol:

Mine dont tend to binky on laminate :( even though we have the non slip variety. Smudge and Nutmeg binky on the carpet on the landing but it might be cos that's long and thin so nice run up. :lol: I have seen Mini binky on laminate but it was kinda towards the litter tray so that was never gonna end well anyway :lol:

They skid a bit but they I think they have fun on laminate flooring. They don't seem to have any problem with it. You can put down mats/rugs if you think that'll help them get used to it.

Mine dont seem to like the Laminate flooring in the living room when we've had them indoors, but did cope and hop around though.

When George was a baby we had to put a rug down for him, he really didnt like it :lol:

My two have wood flooring in their shed but it isn't slippy and has blankets down in certain areas so my two have no problem with it. Beano did occassionaly come in the bathroom with me when she was a house rabbit and the first few times she wouldn't go off the rug but after a while she started to hop on the tiles and seemed ok with it once used to it.

I would buy some scrap/roll end carpet and put it on top. There is a big risk they will nibble the edges of the laminate flooring and ruin it

Neither of mine have liked laminate flooring, they dont like the lack of grip. (Maybe a textured laminate would be OK.) I dont like to see their stress when they're scrabbling for grip, it's not fair on them.

In the dining room which is their main base, I now have a piece of textured vinyl which they are happier with. There's a big rug in the front room anyway, and there's a tunnel and cotton mat that links the front room to the dining room. Having house rabbits isnt a house proud option is it... :lol:

We will be getting a large rug to cover the centre of the lounge which is where they will spend most of their 'out' time, I am just so worried about them doing a binky and landing awkawrdly and breaking a leg or something! :cry:

Back