• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Gerbils - Almost 5 weeks old

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Here they are the little bundles of fun :D It's so hard to photograph them as they are so quick :love:

random412.jpg

random407-1.jpg

random406.jpg

random413.jpg

Here is their new 4 foot tank they moved into today - donated by a very kind man :love:
random415.jpg

Last edited:
Sooo cute! Love the ones with white spots on their heads. I miss having gerbils (had them as a kid, only in a 50L tank though, that was probably way too small). What are you using as burrowing bedding in there?

Sooo cute! Love the ones with white spots on their heads. I miss having gerbils (had them as a kid, only in a 50L tank though, that was probably way too small). What are you using as burrowing bedding in there?

I use a mixture of Bedmax woodshavings (made for horses with COPD so no dust), bedmax excel (small cardboard squares), shredded paper, hay and toilet paper/kitchen roll :wave: There's lots you can use now - finacard, megazorb too.

They are so cute :love::love:

Got quite a few toilet roll inners for them now and some cereal boxes so should soon be nice and full and then will post of to you for the gerbils :wave:

they are scrummy:love:
I use to have gerbils as a child..then my sons had gerbils, hamsters and rats..I do miss having a smaller critter about the place

Makes me all nostalgic ... one of my schoolfriends kept a gerbil and I was very fond of him. :love: I'm afraid we overfed him a bit as he was much fatter than any gerbil I've ever seen posted on here.

Makes me all nostalgic ... one of my schoolfriends kept a gerbil and I was very fond of him. :love: I'm afraid we overfed him a bit as he was much fatter than any gerbil I've ever seen posted on here.

Awwww :lol::lol: Most gerbils tend to bulk out around 1 1/2 - 2 years of age so could have just been normal gerbil bulk!

Awwww :lol::lol: Most gerbils tend to bulk out around 1 1/2 - 2 years of age so could have just been normal gerbil bulk!

He once got stuck in a toilet roll tube, poor fellow. At least he was loved. He was plain agouti, and until I saw your posts on here I actually thought all gerbils were like that. :oops:

Back