• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you buy from P@H?

Do you buy from Pets at Home

• Yes

Votes: 67 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Only when I really have to

Votes: 16 15.1%

• Total voters
Yes, Bunsk eats their adult nuggets, and my piggies eat their nuggets too

I personally haven't for a few years (since I realised they weren't the most ethical of shops) but I might have to go in tomorrow for hay :oops:

Yes, but its such a trek to get there and then we buy so much we have to get a cab back so its easier (and cheaper) to buy online.

yes, once in a while i do. i like the willow chew sticks they have there. snowball loves them.
i prefer to use the little family run pet shops though i have 1 in my town and 1 in northwich.

My nearest store is about a 2 minute drive/15 min walk so I go there to buy their food and some treats/brushes etc. Its easier than waiting for the delivery from the net as it is so close.

I don't buy their hay though, I bought a bale from a pet food store a few miles away and the buns love it!! £7 for a big bale!

Not really... Only if im near the store then i might pop in, but i can only get there by car, which means asking for a lift, so i dont bother :lol:

Very rarely. Usually only if I need something urgently that I can't get at my usual feed barn place and can't wait for in the post.

Occasionally, like recently my forage store has been getting low and the on line store was out of stock so I got some dried bits from there.

Our local ones are very clean with staff who seem knowledgeable, and the pet areas are large, clean, with hidey holes,lots of hay,clean water etc and the animals always look healthy.

It would be nicer to know that pet shops didn't sell live animals, but the only one near me that doesn't sell any sort of animal is dirty, dark and smelly, and I wouldn't touch anything from that shop.

I buy the large bale of sawdust from there every month and sometimes the hay if i get short. I get the food from pets corner pet shop, but no animals are sold there that's why i tend to shop with them.:D

I buy the large bale of sawdust from there every month and sometimes the hay if i get short. I get the food from pets corner pet shop, but no animals are sold there that's why i tend to shop with them.:D

We have a small independent shop called Pets Corner in the village (that's the dark dirty one), and a local town has the Pets Corner that is a chain, and in the past few eeks they have started stocking guinea pigs and rabbits :(

Yeah, I do. It's the best pet shop in my area. I'd rather support a brilliant branch of a chain petshop which is trying to improve than support the sickening smaller petshops in my area

I use a brilliant independent pet shop in our local market. They don't sell any livestock, and are always very happy to order anything that I can't find there.
They are great. :D:D

I voted Yes, i would never purchase a 'Pet' from their as i prefer to rescue but i do buy some animal supplies there as compared to the pet shops near me P@H is paradise:shock: I try to buy most items from the supermarkets though.

Back