• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Litter Train'd Are Your Buns?

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
I was just doing a routine toilet clean out, i always leave access for the buns to come and go whenever they please. Well i had just taken up the newspaper and hay, leaving the lino and George payed me a visit.

"Hello George!" And i continued to put the waste into the bin, then i herd him go out again, "Bye George" :?

I got the hoover out to hoover any stray poops i missed and then i noticed a puddle on the lino :? George had widdled where the toilet should have been! :shock: :lol:

He came in from free ranging the garden to have a wee :lol::lol:

What a good boy :love: :lol:

my outdoor male bun is great all pee and poop in the litter tray...but wen i put a blanket inn with him he peed ad pooped all over it...so i had to remove it .....but my indoor buns pee in the litter tray and do some poop in there but they tend to poop all over the place really lol

Mine are outdoor buns but they keep their hutches pretty spotless. In fact I've just moved the youngest into a new double hutch and am amazed at how untidy they've become, I forgot rabbits made so much mess. I'm sure once they are accustomed to their new enviroment they'll settle down again.

I don't find any droppings about anymore, they do everything in their tray :D

They jump down off the sofa to go for a wee and then come back.

xxx

Dizzi and Rascal do all their wees in the litter tray and the majority of their poops ........ but they do tend have a few that jump out of the tray with them.

When they're in their outdoor set-up they tend to poop in the downstairs of the hutch either in or right next to the litter tray........ but never upstairs!!

About 95%. We get some poos around but that's all these days. Even Nutmeg has stopped weeing in random places :thumb:

Sounds like we all have very good litter trained bunnies :love:

The buns leave poops over the garden, but its good for the grass :lol: So i dont mind! :love:

Biscuit 100% nothing anywhere, other than the tray (unless he's thrown it out :lol:)

Ginger: 80% give or take

Rosie and Ted - Absolutely awful, they pee all over the floor and poo. Then step in it and spread it all over the floor :mrgreen: I think they dont like eating poo-ey hay so purposely go outside of the tray. :roll::lol:

Grace and Elliot - All pees in the tray and probably find 50 poos out the tray each day. I dont mind that though.

Peanut trained herself the day I got her at 10 weeks, I've had a few little accidents in the lounge but all in one particular place so now she has a littler tray there. It's her favourite place to go to the toilet now, as soon as I let her out the cage it's the first place she runs to, even though she has a tray in her cage, it's almost like she's busting to go and waits till I get home :lol: she does leave little raisins around this particular tray but most of them are in it so I think this is more of a territorial thing, just a shame it's right next to the kitchen door so I'm always getting them stuck between my toes :lol:

all 3 quite good with the litter tray. Buddy is great 100% uses it, Lula and Blousy about 70% but bonding at the moment so poops all over the place!! :roll:

my dogs hoover it all up when i open the pen though! :?

Bunsk is 99.9%. He only wees in his trays, and only got the odd random poop about!

Oscar goes most the time in his litter tray (or around it), but has started going in the corners of other rooms sometimes too. I'm hoping this will stop once he is neutered though

snowball pees in his tray 100% of the time

poops are a free for all though, he poops everywhere.
hoping that will be sorted when he is neutered though :)

he seems to find it funny to back his butt right up to the edge of the pen and poo out through the gaps :lol::lol::lol:

my poor son thought a poo was chocolate yesterday bless him, i saw him pick it up, i told him it was poo, but he put it in his mouth anyway. he then spat it out and started crying saying "isgusting, isgusting" LOL

Sydnee and Angel do everything in their litter tray, sometimes there is the odd poop on the floor but that's when they jump out and it flicks out with them!

Pippin is getting there, she knows where her litter tray is and wees in there but sometimes as she is running to the tray there will be a little trail of poops behind her!

Back