• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whys my baby rabbits acting like this???

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
ok so i have 2 baby rabbits left out the litter of 4 ... they should be going to their new home in the next couple of weeks sometime....but one of the ones that is left used to be so outgoing and the other one really shy...but now they have both turned really shy...whenever i open their cage they hide..which is strange becuase the more outgoing one used to love coming to me for strokes....every night i put them both on my bed and the shyest one tends to come up to me and jump on my but the other just sniffs me then runs off....

i was wondering why you think this is....i give them alot of attention as im home the whole day. they are on a good diet...i wondered if it had anything to do with me being pregnant.....????

I would suspect its more likely because their life is unsettled right now, given they have lost other siblings and don't understand where they went; they just disappeared.

Pregnancy can change a rabbits behaviour, but I would not expect it to cause this reaction from them.

I would suspect its more likely because their life is unsettled right now, given they have lost other siblings and don't understand where they went; they just disappeared.

Pregnancy can change a rabbits behaviour, but I would not expect it to cause this reaction from them.

i was also thinking...that one of the rabbits the most active one used to be with the more outgoing one i have at home all the time...but now the active one went to her new home and im thinking i might have made the rabbit thats left upset because she was like his best friend they were always together.
should i have kept the 2 active ones together?

let me rephase as im not sure that makes sense.....

the most active bunny now names poppy (has gone to new how with *bink* ru member)
the 2nd most active now named twinkle (at home with me)

poppy and twinkle used to always be together jumping around and would both run up to me.....but when poppy left for her new home twinkle seems to have beome very timid and shy....
i'm now thinking i possibly made a mistake in seperating them and should have kept them together...
twinkle is still with another pippin the other baby rabbit from her litter but pippin is a shy rabbit and they dont seem as happy as twinkle was with poppy.

Twinkle probably took confidence from Poppy, so will take time to settle.

There's no point worrying about separating the wrong rabbits because its done now.

Back