• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Do You Store Your Bunny Supplies In?

sonnet

Alpha Buck
I was wondering what you all stored your bunny supplies in (particularly hay, bedding, cleaning bits etc as I keep the food in the kitchen)?

I currently keep some supplies in a dustbin but it's looking like I'm going to be needing something else as I keep buying different bits and bobs (ooops! :oops:).

Does anyone else have any good storage solutions?

I have a set of plastic drawers, one drawer for litter, one for rabbit food, one for degu food & one for chinchilla food :)()

A storage box in the playhouse for cleaning stuff, a feed bin in the playhouse for food. My big round hay bale lives under tarpaulin in a barn at the stables - I big it home in horse feed (chop) sacks every couple of days.

The playhouse has a neck-level shelf & it's all up there:D

I keep mine in four purple Wilkinsons storage boxes, they stack up on top of one another and are stored in the garage :)

Litter, food and bedding it all in one complete seperate section of my built in wardrobes. The hay is usually in a wicker picnic basket.

Just as well I don't have many clothes.:wave:

Litter, food and bedding it all in one complete seperate section of my built in wardrobes. The hay is usually in a wicker picnic basket.

Just as well I don't have many clothes.:wave:

Your wicker picnic basket idea has just given me another idea for hay storage, depends on the quantity you have but I thought that one of those wicker laundry baskets that has a lid on might be quite useful for indoor buns? I'm also thinking of getting those stacking plastic boxes that have a door at the front, this way you wouldn't have to keep lifting the boxes up to get to the ones underneath. At the moment I have lots of Tupperware boxes and the surplus is just dotted all over the place in various boxes and bags.

Pellets - In click sealed containers in the kitchen
Litter - in a few metal storage boxes with lids
Hay - dust free hay in hessian bags (what it comes in) in my boiler cupboard
treat hay - in laundry bags (basically fancy pillowcases with ties)
Medicines - In plastic storage boxes
Towels etc - In the wooden toy boxes from Ikea
I also use the 2nd level in the crate for storage as none of my two will venture off the ground level!

Pic shows some of the items :)
P1010840.jpg

Last edited:
For the lionheads all their stuff is in the ottoman...

_IGP8543-vi.jpg

Towels are in a pink storage box in the bookcase (on the right)

_IGP1148-vi.jpg

Meadow hay is in a tub on their table

_IGP1149-vi.jpg

For the lops it's either in boxes under my bed (treat hay) or in my wardrobe. Will take a piccy later.

I was wondering what you all stored your bunny supplies in (particularly hay, bedding, cleaning bits etc as I keep the food in the kitchen)?

I currently keep some supplies in a dustbin but it's looking like I'm going to be needing something else as I keep buying different bits and bobs (ooops! :oops:).

Does anyone else have any good storage solutions?

not really, i keep my blankets, spare toys, newspaper and vinegar on a shelf in my wardrobe, the litter is in a bag between the pen and my dressing table and hay is in a pillow case in a big storage box, covered with a towel that matches in with the colour of my room. sweeping brish hangs on the pen. Pellets and food in tupperware in the kitchen cupboards. its all over the house really! :roll:

Nothing very engenious, but its not untidy :)

Last edited:
a huge plastic tub has all their spare toys and my books etc in it under the stairs. The bags o hay just sit on top of that :wave:

The rest of it is stored in random locations around our lounge :lol:

I store my hay in an 8x6 shed. It is full of hay- i sit it on tarpaulin but i don't do anything else with it. I also store my sacks of megazorb in there but i don't have room for the ecobed i buy as it's massive so have to store that indoors in my bunny office. I also store pellets in the house in bags, in cupboards if i can get them in there with the cat litter. I have mountains of supplies at the moment. They get through hay most of all the quickest as i fill underbed storage boxes tightly with hay from 32l to 62l for each bunny or bunnys daily or every other day if it's really clean. Towels i just have round the house, they are mine, but end up going to the bunnys. I have to buy myself new towels regularly as my animals end up with them.

I keep the feeds in storage bins, megazorb in the garage, hay in a bag in the garage (megazorb bags are awesome) treats in a tupperware tub and the horse stuff is similar but down at the horse field and the hay lives in the horsebox at the moment.

I need to go to Ikea at some point but I've been putting off for ages

If you are like me you will come out with a million things you didnt know you needed!!:lol::lol:

I need to go to Ikea at some point but I've been putting off for ages

If you are like me you will come out with a million things you didnt know you needed!!:lol::lol:

So true! :lol: last time I took my OH and he's quite good at talking me out of things, still managed to get away with 3 items that weren't on my initial list though :D

Back