• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have more than one vet?

Do you have more than one vet?

• No i only have one..

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Yes i have 2..

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I have 3

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I go to whichever vet i please when i please..

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
This is just a poll following on from my question about this. Please discuss- is it ethical to use more than one vet- Several of my vets have said it's not.

If you go to multiple vets- how do you explain it to the others- or do you not tell the other vets you have multiple vets.

Last edited:
I see two different vets at the same practice, but have had a referral to a different practice for Badger.

I'm unsure what I shoudl tick for that.

Are you talking vet practices or vets in general, even within the same practice?

I ticked one, because in normal hours I always use the same practice. But if it's an out of hours emergency I go somewhere else, as my usual practice is covered by another surgery which I had reason to complain about, they were ****.

i think we've always gone to the same practice for the rabbits (except when they were neutered and Izzy's follow up after his neuter) but we go to other practices for other pets.

I've used two vet practices in Norwich, the first one we used was because it was the closest one to us and that was for Gasket and Tappet. But when we adopted Sprocket and Widget it was sensibe to continue using the vet we adopted them from as they know the history of our buns and we also hoped they would be comfortable there knowing that they lived there. Sadly after Widget and Sprocket had their falling out and they needed vet treatment for their wounds, Widget now freaks out at the vet.

I would rather see the same vet as well as the same practice for continuity. Unfortunately I've ended up seeing 3 different vets for Widget's snuffles at the same practice which I think has delayed us getting the appropriate treatment. :(

You seem to have two threads in two Forums asking the same question :?

I posted this on the other thread

I would be very dubious about using two different Vets as IMO continuity of care is essential. So if the two Vets are not in contact with each other then treatment given by Vet B may actually be harmful if he/she were to be unaware of a treatment given by Vet A.

Also, I think our relationship with our Vets has to be based on mutual trust. This cannot be established if we are going back and forth between Vets with neither knowing what is happening.

I do use two different surgeries but for different animals. My rabbits go to one while the rest of my lot go to another.

No, but I might have a look around and see if any of the other vets in the area are cheaper for vaccs

I use one now and have became very friendly with them this pass year. He now comes out to the house to do all the injections. And recomend me to other clients who are looking for adivce about rabbits or is looking for a rabbit.

Would never change them now even as I dont like one of the vets in the practice but he knows that.And if I do have to see him he always shouts through Alaister or one of the other vets to get a second opion infront of me.

No, I stick with one. Mine are still registered at my old vets but I haven't been there for about two years now, not since I found Trinity.

I did consider going to the old one for vaccinations but they get such a thorough checkup at Trinity that I didn't see the point. It's closer but takes about the same amount of time to get to because it's through town streets whereas Trinity is 90% motorway.

Back