• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grape

raine

Warren Veteran
If grapes are toxic for dogs, should rabbits eat them???????
Im using grapes to get meds into TJ, but Im unsure.

This was discussed a few weeks back i think :)

In moderation, they *should* be fine, but certainly not every day i'd say. Grapes are very high in natural sugars.

Rabbits do not get kidney failure like dogs from eating grapes.
I give mine them maybe once a month:D

Mine very very very rarely get them, and when they do, they demand I peel them for them first. Fussy monsters.

Mine love them, we very rarely get them but they have eaten them on a few occasions and have been fine.

As part of the research into why grapes and raisins can be so toxic to dogs' renal function, researchers are looking into the possibility that grapes might contain mycotoxins. I can't find any reference to their findings so assume the jury is still out.

Mycotoxins are of course potentially fatal to rabbits. I haven't fed grapes or raisins to my buns for many years and would like to see the result of the mycotoxin theory before introducing them. :|

Back