• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I let my buns play together for the first time ..

Emmz

Alpha Buck
And it was so sweet, they were perfectly behaved. :love:

They cannot go together permanently yet as it's only been a week since Terry was neutered but I noticed he had stopped buzzing when he sees her whilst he's out and she's in her pen so I decided to let them out together for a little while. They had a 30 minute play time with not a single problem - they both seemed really relaxed!

It was so adorable watching Terry look so happy as he was a single bun before I got Pomme but he lived downstairs so he had more attention (they now have a room upstairs to themselves.) He was happy with human attention before and always seemed content but it's amazing how he somehow became even happier I didn't think it was possible.

He would hop wherever she hopped like a lost little puppy. :love:

I think this will be a very smooth bonding. Pomme isn't spayed but my vet allows another rabbit to stay at the vets so that their scents stay the same so I decided I would start letting them interact a bit more now.

Awww :love: My Joe was a singlebun and seemed dead happy, bt as soon as we got his wifeybun Jess he was a different rabbit, he'd never been so content and playful, it;s just adorable to see, i could watch them for hours. I'm so pleased Terry and Pomme seem to be love at first sight. I hope they have many happy years together ;)

Forgive me for being straight forward but can I just ask

is one of your bunnie's Pomme an unspayed female?

Is the other bunny you let out with her a male who has only been neutered a week?

If the answers are yes, do you realise that she could still be inpregnated and you could end up with an unwanted litter?

If the answers were no, then I apoliogise but I was just worried that you may not know that your boy can still produce active sperm a while after the snip.

Pomme is only about 9 weeks old and I read they're only sexually mature from 4 months+ on but I kept them in quite a small area to be safe. He didn't even try and mount her he has always been quite a chilled out boy.

I am aware he can still be fertile for up to 6 weeks after the operation that's why it was only a brief playtime. I won't be doing it very often until the 6 weeks mark is up as I do not want babies even if she is really young I like to be careful. :wave:

Awww :love: My Joe was a singlebun and seemed dead happy, bt as soon as we got his wifeybun Jess he was a different rabbit, he'd never been so content and playful, it;s just adorable to see, i could watch them for hours. I'm so pleased Terry and Pomme seem to be love at first sight. I hope they have many happy years together ;)

It's good that Joe enjoys his wifiebun. :D

Last edited:
Pomme is only about 9 weeks old and I read they're only sexually mature from 4 months+ on but I kept them in quite a small area to be safe. He didn't even try and mount her he has always been quite a chilled out boy.

I am aware he can still be fertile for up to 6 weeks after the operation that's why it was only a brief playtime. I won't be doing it very often until the 6 weeks mark is up as I do not want babies even if she is really young I like to be careful. :wave:

It's good that Joe enjoys his wifiebun. :D

Phew, sorry I didn't mean to jump in but I know that some folks don't realise.

Bless, well maybe you will be very lucky and they will fall in love and a bonding will be really easy.

We need some photos!

I can understand that you'd worry considering how many accidental buns happen these days so don't worry I'm not offended - you just love buns! :thumb:
I really do not want to contribute to the vast amount of bunnies out there it would be selfish and I am not able to commit to looking after so many.

I will most certainly try and get some photos next time they have a little time together. They make such a cute couple. :love:

Back