• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Forget pidgeons, I have Homing BUNNIES!

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
:lol: It has taken a while to get them to learn, but they have sussed it now. They hate being taken out of the run and get quite angry with me :lol: So I tried teaching them to take themselves home, and well...I did it!

It's not a long video, but its cute. Please excuse my noisy sister, it was the first time she had seen them do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbCy67UogIE

As you can see, my garden is no where near their shed, which is why they can't have an attached run.

Thats brill!! My 2 do a lap round the garden before going in....normally as me acting like Shep!!:roll:

Well done. :D

It's so satisfying when they start to be independent like that. I'm lucky that I managed to get Marmite to do it and the others seemed to all learn in turn from her. You may still get the odd occassion when one of them is in a mood though. Or that could have just been the madam that was Marmite. :lol:

I love the vid.

Last edited:
That is excellent! I'm so impressed. How long did it take you?

I'm just about to start with some bunny training - we had 'go home' mastered but then they got a new home. :p

How did you do it?

Wow, clever bunnehs! Mine would've been off exploring instigated by Mini who can't keep her nose out of anything :roll::lol:

That is excellent! I'm so impressed. How long did it take you?

I'm just about to start with some bunny training - we had 'go home' mastered but then they got a new home. :p

How did you do it?

Well I started by opening the door, and going backwards. Each time they came to my feet, I gave them a treat (just a pellet). Stepped further back, another pellet, and so on. Then a yoghurt drop (their favourite) at the very end at the shed door. :)

Oh, and it took a few weeks, due to the weather, but just trying each day and they got the hang of it :)

Had me in giggles! I love it when bunnies learn stuff like this, just shows how independent and clever they can be.

My bunnies know this command as 'go to bed' It started with Dawn with her indoor cage when she was younger and then I tried it with every single bunny since when they were young and it just sticks. Mind I always get the odd madam that want's to stay up late, but the boys tend to always behave :roll: :lol:

Back