• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stringy poo

paulinejoe

Mama Doe
So, I'm obsessively checking Joejoe and Jessies poo after last weeks stasis episode, although it's pretty impossible to tell whose who's, but it has all looked ok since they got home last night. But...I've just been in the kitchen, and I think it was Jessies as she sits in the bowl of hay :roll::lol:, and it was hanging over the edge of the bowl, but there were 5 pellets that looked like they were joined together by what looked like a strand of hair, they all looked normal apart from one which was misshapen and they were ever so slightly moist looking.

Do I need to be worried?

Jess didn't go into full on stasis but she was pining for Joejoe while he was in the animal hospital and she practically stopped eating and ended up having to be admitted to be with him due to extremely slow gut sounds and she had a couple of metaclopramide injections but she was supposed to be fine :? (joejoes on meds but she's not)

They both seem very perky and are humping each other like mad :roll:

Seen this before.They are grooming either themselves or each other and ingesting the fur.
I would suggest grooming them yourself and perhaps a little drop of pineapple jiuce as it helps the fur either dissolve or pass through easier.Not sure which.:?
Check with your vet cos even though my name is Yvette, Im not Avette!!!!!!

Charlie has these when he's moulting a bit more than normal... Never seemed to cause him a problem

Seen this before.They are grooming either themselves or each other and ingesting the fur.
I would suggest grooming them yourself and perhaps a little drop of pineapple jiuce as it helps the fur either dissolve or pass through easier.Not sure which.:?
Check with your vet cos even though my name is Yvette, Im not Avette!!!!!!

hahahahaha!!! :lol: I was thinking about you earlier and the vets valentine card! :lol: I'd have loved to have seen the look on his face! Have you been back in yet?

Funnily enough, Yvette & Steph, Joejoes moulting like mad, there's clouds of fur wafting off him (and sticking to my lip gloss :roll:) so that definitely sounds like the problem, they groom each other all the time, expecially Jess to Joe so she's probaly swallowing loads of fur.

We're back at the vets tomorrow night for a check up so will ask them about it then :wave:

hahahahaha!!! :lol: I was thinking about you earlier and the vets valentine card! :lol: I'd have loved to have seen the look on his face! Have you been back in yet?

Funnily enough, Yvette & Steph, Joejoes moulting like mad, there's clouds of fur wafting off him (and sticking to my lip gloss :roll:) so that definitely sounds like the problem, they groom each other all the time, expecially Jess to Joe so she's probaly swallowing loads of fur.

We're back at the vets tomorrow night for a check up so will ask them about it then :wave:

Excellent!!!!:wave::wave:
I did put up a thread re the card.Evie, the vet and the valentine.Take a look!!!!http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=270759&highlight=evie+valentine

Alfie and Bubbles make stringy poo bracelets too when they're moulting. :lol:

I brush them regularly to get as much fur as possible off so they don't ingest it but I think the fur passing through is a good sign (rather than collecting in the stomach). :)

Herbie gets this.
I would brush your baby to help get the loose fur out from moulting.
String poo is better than the fur staying in their tummy!

I lost their brush when we moved and this is their first big moult since, so off to pets at home to buy a new brush at lunchtime then! (which just happens to mean going past the mcdonalds drive through, i can feel a large fries and strawberry milkshake coming on lol)

I'll give them both a good groom before going for their vets checkup tonight, try and smarten them up a bit :lol:

It's actually good when they pass those, it means their gut is doing its job and passing the fur they ingest when grooming :wave:

B&G do this CONSTANTLY during a moult.

It's actually good when they pass those, it means their gut is doing its job and passing the fur they ingest when grooming :wave:

B&G do this CONSTANTLY during a moult.

Yes!

It shows the gut is coping with the fur, so its good to see :)

I like your new signature KarenM!:D

Thank you. :love::love::love: (It's an old siggy I haven't used in a long while - hence Alfie and Bubbles still look a little baby-faced in their photos :lol:)

Lol, any excuse for a strawberry milkshake, eh? :lol:

Lol, any excuse for a strawberry milkshake, eh? :lol:

Hmmmhmmmhmmm it was delicious so were the chips :D I've got them a snazzy soft pin slicker brush that removes dead hair and excess undercoat. I'll given them a good going over when i get in - thats if they sit still for long enough :roll::lol:

Back