• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

reported pet shop

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
I recently reported a pet shop to my council and someone was sent to investigate they got back to me very quickly which I appreciated but it was not a favourable response they said everything was adequate I hate that word...

They had bird cages very close to the rabbits and guinea pigs which was terrifying the poor things they seemed so so restless and their cages were far to small but the woman who investigated said they were adequate as they were only in there until they were sold..... -___- I feel sick...... they were so scared, only fed the rabbit mix stuff the stuff thats not good for them.... no veggies or pellets... not enough hay... but the officer said it was adequate....

If enough people who feel that there are problems with pet shops selling livestock stopped even going into them and purchased all their animal product needs elsewhere, there woudl be a decent proportion of pets shops not survive.

If you feel strongly enough support the independent non livestock selling retailers and tell your local pet shop why you are taking your business elsewhere.

You could still try ringing the RSPCA, I wouldn't mention the 'adequate' comment or anything though. Ask if an inspector could go in and give some advice to the shop keeper. Worth a try.

If enough people who feel that there are problems with pet shops selling livestock stopped even going into them and purchased all their animal product needs elsewhere, there woudl be a decent proportion of pets shops not survive.

If you feel strongly enough support the independent non livestock selling retailers and tell your local pet shop why you are taking your business elsewhere.

I have never bought from them ever... because I was so disgusted....I just wanted to save the poor animals....

dear little laura iam sorry if you feel like that but there is no one more caring then me i love all the pet they have fresh greens evey day and if any of then are ill i take the to the vet please call in anytime and i will talk to you anytime

Back