• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A worrying day/ more worry post 11

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
But its all turned out OK :D

Noticed on Sunday that prudence wasn't eating her hay as she should and was taking a little bit longer to eat her breakfast treat, although eating all her other food OK.

Took her to the vet on Monday for a dental check, but after a conscious examination her teeth looked fine. I had a gut feeling that they still weren't right so convinced the vet to admit her and give her a GA to check properly. It was such a risk as Prudence has heart problems under Ga in the past and isn;t getting any younger (6 this year)

I have been praying all day that she would be Ok and that I had made the right decision. Thankfully she came through fine and they did find spurs on her very back molars. I am so pleased that we caught them early and it was a quick procedure for her :) She is staying in tonight as she is an outside bunny, but she will be back with Bruce first thing in the morning.

I am so glad I went with my gut feelings. Pru has been with me for over 5 years and I know her well, so knew something wasn't quite right and glad the vet listened to me despite no obvious problems apparent :D

Last edited:
Always trust your instincts eh? Hope Prudence is feeling much better over the next couple of days and nomming away like normal ;) xxx

Prudence is home and much much happier. She is now back munching hay as I type. Thank goodness I pushed for the GA, as they were such tiny spurs at the back causing her discomfort.

Glad she's ok.

My vets are very good at listening to me. At the end of the day we see our rabbits all the time, the vet see's them for a few mins. Only we know their little quirks and what is normal for them. Sometimes its the subtle things that only the caregiver can pick up.

More worry now.

Pru is back to her old self with regards eating habits, but today she is still messy underneath and found a few runny poos in her shed when I was cleaning out :? :(

Given her general health over the past few years i am now wondering about her liver function :? But I am trying not to panic and give it a while longer to see if things settle down after her dental.

Back