• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More of Rupert

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
hammieRupert003.jpg

hammieRupert009.jpg

hammieRupert010.jpg

hammieRupert011.jpg

hammieRupert012.jpg

I didn't know you could get black hamsters. He is gorgeous. Whenever I see one I think of my large empty cage in the shed - but I always get so upset when they go to the Bridge and they have such a short life:(

I imagine it's pretty difficult to find a 'rescue' hamster too and I wouldn't want to get one from PAH.

These I have bred myself, hence he is an unusual colour, which I was looking for. It was the same with Jackson who sadly died earlier this month, he was a yellow black, and the most lovely colour.

( Before anyone says anything yes I have 5 gens of paperwork, I was breeding for a specific reason, which was to show, and when I bred I did have homes set up, but one by one many fell through, so I ended up keeping quite a few.)

I did have my own hamster up for adoption over winter, as I didn't think it was any good for them being in a cold unheated shed, but we have all muddled through and come out the other side. I am not sure of the reason we lost Jackson as there was nothing physically wrong. Anyway, we are all ok in the shed and new homes are no longer needed now it is getting warmer :)

P.S. I will not be breeding again, Flora and I were so stressed by the whole thing. It also put me off showing too.

Last edited:
Back