• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mama cass and peggy sue the piggies updated photos babies born

leanne2525

Warren Scout
Today we went to look at some guinea pigs, there was a mum with 8 week old baby girl and dad all living together, the mum is heavily pregnant again and possibly so is the 8 week old baby to her dad they said he had been sniffying her so should seperate them if we take them!!!!! we have girl and mum and a friend has took dad so he can make no more unwanted babies, i hope the baby is not pregnant as i think it could kill her
we named mum mama cass and baby peggy sue

DSCF5294.jpg

DSCF5293.jpg

DSCF5289.jpg

DSCF5291.jpg

Last edited:
Aww bless them, poor things, thank goodness they are with you now! :love: Looks and sounds like you have more on the way :shock: The ginger piggy looks like she may be expecting. Is that mummy pig?

yeah ginger one is mum she is huge, they dont remember when baby was born but the mum got pregnant just after that again and due any time now :roll: im more worried the 8 week old may be pregnant :(

Awww :love:
The ginger piggy looks big so I guess she is definately expecting.
I think I have the same cage for my 2 piggies which is too small for them (i'm working on upgrading it) so would it be big enough for 2 piggies and their expected babies?

thats little zoo zone i put them in to pick them up in, they have a xl indoor rabbit cage to live in with tunnels and toys, so i think that should be big enough (i hope)

woke up in the night to find 2 extra faces and within a hour there was a another one, i cant believe how different they are to baby rabbits, the are ready to go from moment they are born like a mini adult

DSCF5303.jpg

DSCF5305.jpg

DSCF5302.jpg

DSCF5298.jpg

DSCF5297.jpg

Squeeeeee!!! Mini piggies!!!

:love:

You've got so many rescued fluffs, I don't know how you do it! :p

Squeeeeee!!! Mini piggies!!!

:love:

You've got so many rescued fluffs, I don't know how you do it! :p

i have a friend who takes in rescue animals from rabbits to chickens and she has a lot more space and if i cant keep them or rehome them she always find space for them :)

i have a friend who takes in rescue animals from rabbits to chickens and she has a lot more space and if i cant keep them or rehome them she always find space for them :)

Awww...that's really lovely!

Sending 'please don't be pregnant vibes' to the 8 week old bubba.

xxx

thanks, and she is not pregnant, we was told female yesterday and i dont know how to sex G.pigs and my partner had a look compared to photo and she looked female, however this morning since mum has given birth the "girl" s doing mating call and we checked again and its a boy bits popped up that wasnt there yesterday, luckily we got him away from mum so no more unwanted babies, (the mum would have come in heat 24 hours after birth iv been told) the little boy i think needs a new name peggy sue is not fitting lol but his felling sorry for himself all alone :(

Glad there's no more babies!

Oooo...he's a ginger pig so I like Ron, after Ron Weasley.

Maybe one of the bubbas will be a boy and then they could both be neutered and bonded? Don't know much about it but RU's sister site will have lots of advice from piggie peeps: www.theguineapigforum.co.uk

XX

Back