• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have any other animals- ( If so what kind? - ) Please comment

Do you have other animals?

• Dog

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • Cat

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Birds/Chickens/Quail etc

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Reptile

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • Chinchilla/Degu

• Rat /Mouse/Gerbil

• Fish

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Horse/Pony/Donkey

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Farm Animals- Sheep, pig, Cow etc

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Hamster

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • Exotic Animals- Monkey, Exotic Cat etc

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • No i don't have any other animals- other than rabbits

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Any i missed...

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Guinea Pigs

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Dogs, cats etc- please state what type of animal you have and how your animals get along and cope with each other. Thanks.

Last edited:
Poll redone with multiple choice allowed.

P.s I have 1 dog, 3 cats, 1 hamster besides bunnies currently. My cats roam the house. My puppy has a pen, but i have baby gate for when she gets bigger so that she can't interact alone with my other animals. I have rabbits in one room and outside currently. My hamster is kept safe from all the animals.

Last edited:
I ticked Guinea pigs who dont get to mix with my rabbits apart from when they are in the run and the rabbits are free range they get to see each other. They just ignore each other.

Horses which never get to meet my rabbits

Fish same as above

Frogs (Amphibians)(didnt tick for these although I could have clicked other) Again never see my bunnies :wave:

Two cats, two hamsters and a pony :) Plus two rabbits!
None of them live in the same place as my buns (if you don't know already the bunnies are mine but live around the corner at their old owners house)

I have other than 4 rabbits:

1 Dog - Honey, she gets on great with the buns and everyone else! She wouldnt hurt a fly :love:

1 Hamster - Phoebe
4 Budgies in the aviary
12 Canaries in the aviary
3 quails in the aviary
fish pond full of fish :lol:

And my brother is getting a Gecko :)

I have a rescued partially sighted cat who is now 14yrs old, she is ok with the bunnies, although Tilly my agouti buuny was terrified of her at first. I think Tilly had been chased by cats, she was found as a stray and taken to a rescue and was terrified of our cat and also really panicked if she heard a bell. Thankfully with a lot of patience and slow introduction, they get along fine now.

I have Molly cat, Evie hammy and Jaws the goldfish.

Louie loves Molly, Molly tolerates him! Molly isn't allowed anywhere near Evie and Jaws!

I have two dogs, a hamster, two mice and numerous gerbils.

The dogs get to see the bunnies but not direct contact - only through pens etc. The others don't come into contact with any other animals usually.

Hamster, parakeets, rats, exotic inverts, reptiles and amphibians. None of them come into contact with each other though.

Ruby Parrot, 3 cats inc a Siamese, a corn snake and ferrets.
No one meets up....its prey and predator here!!!!:lol::lol:

freckle.jpg

3 hamsters, 3 cats and a cockatiel.
Charlie loves the hamsters, quite likes 2 of the cats but he thinks feathers are chew toys so has to be kept away from the bird if she's on the floor instead of flying about

I have two dogs, a hamster, two mice and numerous gerbils.

The dogs get to see the bunnies but not direct contact - only through pens etc. The others don't come into contact with any other animals usually.

Do you let them touch noses or worry about them biting through the bars?

We have a dog, and then the bunnies. All get on fine, the dog is really good with the buns

Edited to add - the dog doesnt bother with the foster buns. Alot of the rabbits we have in are scared of the dog. In the summer the plan is we will have an enclosed area at the top of the garden for the foster buns and the dog will have the large bottom garden x

We have goats, sheep, horses, pigs, rabbits, guinea pigs, cats, dogs, quail, chickens, ducks, kakarikis, celestial parrotlets, mouse, rat and a wood pigeon.

The only ones who have direct contact are the goats and sheep, they graze together but the rest don't have any contact with each other.

The rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas and hamsters are in a room completely separate from the cats and dogs and turtles. The dogs and cats all get on fine and sleep together :)

Back