• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits go out on grass?

Do your rabbits go out on grass?

• Yes

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • No ( I only have concrete or my rabbits are indoors)

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
Yes. She lives indoors at night, but is in a large run on grass in the day - weather permitting.

i have replied no, because at this moment in time, i don't have a lead for snowball and my garden isn't secure.

but as soon as i have a lead for him, he will be oing out on the grass :)

Yes I try to give mine grass daily. They get a lot more in the summer though but go out at least a couple of days a week.

No - not at the moment. Ours have a bunny-proofed yard which is made up of paving slabs but they do have a digging box.

Our lawn is not great at the moment - it needs a thorough rake and rejuvenate this Spring so it wouldn't be too suitable right now anyway lol. It's more mud than grass! :roll:

I plan to have a tube run from the yard down to a lawn run as soon as I can though to give them some grazing. Last summer I just went down to the garden and hand-picked grass and weeds for them! Every time I went through the gate they got all excited waiting for me to return with fresh food lol! :p

ETA: They get Readigrass on a regular basis.

Last edited:
There isnt really any for them to eat at the mo its more for exercise they get a small amount of redigrass and loads of hay

Nope as ours are all inside at the mo.

Are you asking with regards to rescue buns or your own? :wave: With rescue buns its best to put them on slabs as its easier to clean ;) x

Nope as ours are all inside at the mo.

Are you asking with regards to rescue buns or your own? :wave: With rescue buns its best to put them on slabs as its easier to clean ;) x

I have both- Concrete and grass - was just wondering. I find concrete alot easier to clean , but more boring for the bunnies.

I have both- Concrete and grass - was just wondering. I find concrete alot easier to clean , but more boring for the bunnies.

You could grow grass in pots for on the concrete? Trouble with rescue buns going on grass is the high risk of spreading disease :( x

Mine are out on grass for 3-4 hours each day at the moment and 7-8 hours when the days are longer. And they eat lots of grass!

Mine don't get any grass during the winter months. They don't need it, they have hay.

Back