• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

escape !!!!!!

shadow05

Mama Doe
:shock:

was at collage today and was walking around doing my usual thing next thing i find out scooters on the run in my bed room which is really not good as i found out last night. he loves coming out and hes not really that bad doesn't even bother with wires but yet again id rather not give him the chance lol. but he gets everywhere and he got cob webs all over himself last night was snizzing loads and cleaning himself so i cant let him out again until ive cleaned under the cabinets.

my mom who is scared of him and dont like to do much with him picked him up and quickly moved him back into the cage and locked him up. thankful as far as i can tell nothing has been damaged and scooter is okay. he only ripped some paper up which dont really matter.

Welcome to the world of housebunnies! :lol:

Peg a sheet over the top of his pen where the opening is, will stop that :)

srry i didnt get ur message until just now my laptop died yesterday and its only just been fixed and scooter escaped again today i really dont know how hes doing it. but i will try that and hope he dont find away of doing it again.

well thats it for him hes manaqged to get a taste of freedom and now he wont leave me alone whenever im in. my mom says if he doesnt stop it he will have to go. :(

im still having arguments with her over getting scooter a friend. ive told her he wouldnt have a reason to jump out or be as destructive if he had a friend. i said his main probloem is lonelyness until her gets a friend or something really good to distract5 him he will continue.

he also seems to escape at the same time everyday and when hes put back in, he doesnt try again. which is weird.

ive ran out of toys to give him i have no cardboard, no hay either hes having have the bugress excel one with camolie in it. which hes not fond off. ive got no money at the moment to get him any toys. :(

Hmmm, do you know how he is escaping? If it's over the top, could you maybe peg a sheet on there? I don't think any amount of toys will stop him trying to escape though, it's in a buns nature to want to explore new places!

As for the hay, is there any way you could go and get some that he likes/someone close could lend you some? It's really important that he eats his hay!

Hmmm, do you know how he is escaping? If it's over the top, could you maybe peg a sheet on there? I don't think any amount of toys will stop him trying to escape though, it's in a buns nature to want to explore new places!

As for the hay, is there any way you could go and get some that he likes/someone close could lend you some? It's really important that he eats his hay!

he still has hay its just not the stuff hes that keen on he eating it lol he spends a fair bit of time at night eating loads of it.

i put a sheet of it this morning and peggged it on but i dont know if it will work. but i suppose ill see.

as for how he is getting out we thinks hes jumping over the top as well as trying to take the fence panels down surprising hes very strong and his some how managing to lift the pen up.

he still has hay its just not the stuff hes that keen on he eating it lol he spends a fair bit of time at night eating loads of it.

i put a sheet of it this morning and peggged it on but i dont know if it will work. but i suppose ill see.

as for how he is getting out we thinks hes jumping over the top as well as trying to take the fence panels down surprising hes very strong and his some how managing to lift the pen up.

Bunnies have VERY strong heads if they want to. Biscuit can lift a pen panel about 30cm off the floor if he really wants to. He'll put his nose on the pen, lift the panel and put his paws underneath the panel and rest it on his paws so its about a cm off the floor, he'll then get his nose underneath that and push it up and scrabble under.

The sheet idea is what we used, until we had the crate :)

Bunnies have VERY strong heads if they want to. Biscuit can lift a pen panel about 30cm off the floor if he really wants to. He'll put his nose on the pen, lift the panel and put his paws underneath the panel and rest it on his paws so its about a cm off the floor, he'll then get his nose underneath that and push it up and scrabble under.

The sheet idea is what we used, until we had the crate :)

well im thinking of taking the cage base out now and putting a dog crate in it will be quite big probs a L or and XL. because i thought when im tidying the pen i can shut him in there while i tidy and lay another duvey sheet, im having to replace them every week now he wont stop spraying on them now.

its the cage bar thing and the throwing his food bowl around that is annoying my mom, im trying to do wat i can to minimise the amount of noise he can make but it dont seems to work.

Back