• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of your homemade toys

IMG_0390.jpg
[/IMG]

The cardboard castle

IMG_0394.jpg
[/IMG]

Riley in the castle :lol:

Haha, thank you! Took me ages. Had to go into Sainsburys and basically ask for a load of cardboard. The man asked why and looked incredibly amused by my response. People don't appreciate that rabbits need to play! :lol: My OH and parents think I'm insane. Ah well. Lovely bunnies. :love:

Love the castle- little face poking out! And those homemade treat balls....:thumb:

This was my second attempt (am an adult) ever at making an outdoor shelter thing for them, learning to use a saw/nails etc.( It features the late Chewbains :( who died in autumn, and her sis Manglewurzel, basking in the sun.) I think of it as a toy 'cos they love jumping on it,sitting in it, chaseing through it.
Have made another one now too.

aug08003.jpg

ps: That yellow wooden thingy and painted thing's I've bought since they show no interest in!!!:lol:

Last edited:
Love the castle- little face poking out! And those homemade treat balls....:thumb:

This was my second attempt (am an adult) ever at making an outdoor shelter thing for them, learning to use a saw/nails etc.( It features the late Chewbains :( who died in autumn, and her sis Manglewurzel, basking in the sun.) I think of it as a toy 'cos they love jumping on it,sitting in it, chaseing through it.
Have made another one now too.

aug08003.jpg

ps: That yellow wooden thingy and painted thing's I've bought since they show no interest in!!!:lol:

That's such a lovely photo of them :love: looks like they appreciateyour efforts :)

I'm loving the bunny castle ........ I tried to do something similar :

Photo1495.jpg

I've also made some of those treat balls for them - think you can see one on this pic:

Photo1231.jpg

Their favourite thing at the moment is a brown paper bag with pellets in that I then scrunch up and they have to try and get the pellets out ..... you can see this at the bottom of this pic - oh and also loo roll stuffed with hay with a treat in the middle ... and yogurt pots to just throw around!

Photo1743-1.jpg

168614_122081014531513_100001888461993_154203_5110035_n.jpg

I do this every other week normally I stuff with hay and the occasional treat :wave:

I also wondered how you make these. I was sent loads as treats for the bunnies and they have just run out. roxy got one to play with every evening, she loves them and is getting really stroppy now they are all gone. Loved watching her run around with one in her mouth like a dog with a stick :lol::lol:

I also wondered how you make these. I was sent loads as treats for the bunnies and they have just run out. roxy got one to play with every evening, she loves them and is getting really stroppy now they are all gone. Loved watching her run around with one in her mouth like a dog with a stick :lol::lol:

http://www.moorcroftrabbits.com/warren/shakerattlerollball.htm

That's where I learnt it from.:wave:
The crackers are sooo easy, lol I just cut into them as I think it looks fancy at the end :roll: :oops:

I'm loving the bunny castle ........ I tried to do something similar :

Photo1495.jpg

I've also made some of those treat balls for them - think you can see one on this pic:

Photo1231.jpg

Their favourite thing at the moment is a brown paper bag with pellets in that I then scrunch up and they have to try and get the pellets out ..... you can see this at the bottom of this pic - oh and also loo roll stuffed with hay with a treat in the middle ... and yogurt pots to just throw around!

Photo1743-1.jpg

WOW that looks awesome! I get cardboard boxes at least once a week with work, time to get creative ;)

Are those the ones I sent? I keep meaning to ask you if they were any good as I have a small mountain of toilet roll inners here :p So could make some more.

Are those the ones I sent? I keep meaning to ask you if they were any good as I have a small mountain of toilet roll inners here :p So could make some more.

Yep, you are an angel :love::love: we would love more as i have little time to sit and make things. thank you so much :love:

Thanks for the link to instructions I will make some of those :D normally I just stuff toilet roll inners with hay. Looking forward to seeing what the buns think.

Back