• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

upgrading setup? advice please:)

so i was planning on getting a shed for my brithday for the buns, and attaching a run. (as im hoping to bond all 4, but it doesnt look hopeful :/)
but ive been looking on posts and i think i want to opt for a walk in avairy, and put my hutches (so they dont go to waste as their brand new and lovely ha)
in the avairy, with open acces all day. and put some sort of plastic covers on the roof so the buns dont get wet, then lock them in the hutches at night with covers so they stay nice and warm?

as i think if i get the wire mesh, the handy man my dad knows could get the wood and make it for me, and i would beable to make it bigger than a shed i would get. and it would be cheaper:)

what do you think?..

You don't need to bump 13 minutes after you post ;) Kinda defeats the idea.

Sounds fine. It's similar to what Blackberry & Co has I believe.

Sounds great :D- just remember that having a shed & an aviary gives you storage space for hay bales, etc etc that you can out shelves on the walls etc ...having the hutches in an open aviary also means you have to clean the hutches out and get wet if its raining...so if you opt for a huge aviary that is bigger than a shed and an aviary together and the hutches go inside the aviary - then perhaps put a cover over half the aviary so its water proof and perhaps if its being built for you then it can be built with some solid wooden sides so it can have stoage area too? and the hutches stay dry...

Hope you know what I mean!
I would personally go fo rthe biggest size available...and as for cost well work out the difference but if bigger is cheaper then go for that - BUT plan it carefully and make sure there is wind proof & waterproof areas for the hutches and storage and for the buns to be warm...!
Id its that big you can plant shrubs and herbs for them in the aviary - unless youre slabbing it so they dont dig out...

Another idea is to have a shed & aviary and shed...so basically there is 2 cover areas with an aviary inbetween...the aviary is sunk into the ground so is actually alot higher than walk in height and has drainage etc and a welded mesh - this enables the bunnies to have digging space that is safe for them. Make sure the welded mesh used can not rot, had bricks rubbles for drainage etc - Im sure a builder will know hoe to do it properly...:D

Sounds great :D- just remember that having a shed & an aviary gives you storage space for hay bales, etc etc that you can out shelves on the walls etc ...having the hutches in an open aviary also means you have to clean the hutches out and get wet if its raining...so if you opt for a huge aviary that is bigger than a shed and an aviary together and the hutches go inside the aviary - then perhaps put a cover over half the aviary so its water proof and perhaps if its being built for you then it can be built with some solid wooden sides so it can have stoage area too? and the hutches stay dry...

Hope you know what I mean!
I would personally go fo rthe biggest size available...and as for cost well work out the difference but if bigger is cheaper then go for that - BUT plan it carefully and make sure there is wind proof & waterproof areas for the hutches and storage and for the buns to be warm...!
Id its that big you can plant shrubs and herbs for them in the aviary - unless youre slabbing it so they dont dig out...

Another idea is to have a shed & aviary and shed...so basically there is 2 cover areas with an aviary inbetween...the aviary is sunk into the ground so is actually alot higher than walk in height and has drainage etc and a welded mesh - this enables the bunnies to have digging space that is safe for them. Make sure the welded mesh used can not rot, had bricks rubbles for drainage etc - Im sure a builder will know hoe to do it properly...:D

thanks yeh, i love the shed set ups people have, but if i were to get one i want it big enough for my hutches coz like i said i don't want them to go to waste, and then i would only get runs as can't afford a shed and aviary :/

if i were to get an avairy, i would be getting it hand made so i can ask for anything i want and peronalizie it. like i said i would have a roof so it stays dry. and maybe a corner with plastic instead of mesh to store things. although all my stuff is in waterproof boxes anyways. and the buns would have their hutches to go in if they got cold ect. and on a night id put them in their hutches with their covers down so they don't catch a cold :)

nothing happening straigh away, need to save first haa.
so ive got plenty of time to think, just wanted peoples ideas:)

thankssss.

How many threads do you think will have been updated in a mere 13 minutes though?

I bumped a thread of mine the other day and got a virtual slap on the wrist for it too:lol: Even though I'd had no replies in half an hour and only bumped it because I was rushing off to work and it was something I genuinely needed advice on.:roll::)

And Charlotte, I think an aviary sounds nice:wave:

I bumped a thread of mine the other day and got a virtual slap on the wrist for it too:lol: Even though I'd had no replies in half an hour and only bumped it because I was rushing off to work and it was something I genuinely needed advice on.:roll::)

And Charlotte, I think an aviary sounds nice:wave:

yeh i saw haa:) .. if you don't it goes to the bottom of the list and less of a chance of people seeing it. it's no big deal haa.

and yeh im swaying more towards that, as i will beable to have it bigger.
so the bigger the better :lol:

Here's my bunny house:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kittykat23uk/sets/72157624839299852/

Its a dog kennel with an aviary attached. Since taking the photos I've added a clear plastic corrugated roof, and walls to a couple of sides to stop most of the rain getting in, placed the large hutch on the floor and added some shelves made of NIC cube panels. They stay out there all night. :D

aww looks nice!
if i do go for the aviary id make it abit bigger, as they wouldnt have a nice little shed like your buns do:)

Back