• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got told I was..(wait for it)..

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Starving my animals!!

My neighbour came round yest evening(about 6ish), to talk to my mum, she saw smartie hoping round the kitchen, and asked how many animals I had, and she said ' I love rabbits and guinea's can I see them',

so me being someone who likes to show them off, agreed, and went outside with her to the hutches, by 6pm its normally dark, so by then there covers are on and they've gone to 'bed' first she said, that keeping covers on them was cruel, I ofcourse explained they are only on at night to keep them warm,

so I lifted the covers up, and she gasp, I was like what? and she said 'Their bowls are empty don't you ever feed them' I said, course I do, and she gave me this huuuge lecture about feeding them, I was like umm I fed them at lunchtime! my rabbits eat all their food and veg in one go, but she wouldn't have it, and told me I shouldn't have them etc, she dosen't even HAVE pets!

arghh soo annoying!!

rant over!

She should come see mine then as my rabbits are the same fill the bowl up in the morning with pellets within about 5-10 mins all bowls are licked clean by the girls and then in the evening i give them their veg and thats gone within 20 mins of me putting it in the cage, hay lasts the longest tho a hand full will last about an hour before its all gone and there is no sign any was ever in there :)

I shouldn't worry, a vet nurse thought I was underfeeding Bracken but the Vet appologised saying that most rabbits they see are overweight so most of the nurses have never seen a healthy weight bunny.

She should come see mine then as my rabbits are the same fill the bowl up in the morning with pellets within about 5-10 mins all bowls are licked clean by the girls and then in the evening i give them their veg and thats gone within 20 mins of me putting it in the cage, hay lasts the longest tho a hand full will last about an hour before its all gone and there is no sign any was ever in there :)

Do you not give unlimited hay?

yes i do i have to keepe topping it up every hour :) i have hay mangers and can only fit in a handful at a time but as im a stay at home mum i can easily top them up

same with all of mine! they gobble it down soo fast!

I think you need to explain to her that feeding a never ending bowl of museli is like feeding children on an endless supply of sweets and that your rabbits are weighed twice a year by the vet when they have their Myxi vacc's and the vet is happy that they are a healthy weight and that the constant munching on hay is what keeps their teeth healthy.

I think you need to explain to her that feeding a never ending bowl of museli is like feeding children on an endless supply of sweets and that your rabbits are weighed twice a year by the vet when they have their Myxi vacc's and the vet is happy that they are a healthy weight and that the constant munching on hay is what keeps their teeth healthy.

yhh! I tend to weigh them myself to, when I do ther general check like nails and teeth etc! x

I shouldn't worry, a vet nurse thought I was underfeeding Bracken but the Vet appologised saying that most rabbits they see are overweight so most of the nurses have never seen a healthy weight bunny.

A vet nurse also said this to me once, and my flippin' mother went and agreed!! :roll:

Theyre both nethies, what is wrong with egg cup each of dried herbs and egg cup of pellets for breakfast and then a large cup of veggies on an evening!

Theyre 2 of the healthyest rabbits ive ever seen!

What did you say to your neighbour, i dont think id have been very polite! :lol:

What a cheeky moo. I'd have given her the hay lecture!! :lol:

ha yhh mine have their hay topped up at least twice a day! apart from crunchie who have never eaten hay! but in the summer he is free range so has all the grass he can eat ha x

I'd love to show my rabbits to my neighbour, she loves animals but I bet she'd think the same thing. It's only cos they care bless 'em.

A vet nurse also said this to me once, and my flippin' mother went and agreed!! :roll:

Theyre both nethies, what is wrong with egg cup each of dried herbs and egg cup of pellets for breakfast and then a large cup of veggies on an evening!

Theyre 2 of the healthyest rabbits ive ever seen!

What did you say to your neighbour, i dont think id have been very polite! :lol:

ahaha i tried soo hard not to fly off the handle as her, I gave her afew fact and shes soon shut up lmao! x

Well obviously you know what you're doin cos you've still got 5 buns and LOTS of hamsters and MORE!

I try my best, like any animal owner, we all (mostly all) do whats best for the animal, never had an animal die cos of starvation so must be doing something right :lol:

Back