• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Upset a lady off preloved...

chul

Staff member
I had an advert up asking for a rabbit/guinea pig hutch. She messaged me with
a 5 foot hutch perfect size for a giant rabbit

I replied stating even normal rabbits require 6' x 2' as per RSPCA, so hers was too small.

She then said
well its nearly 5' x 2' so big enough
:censored:

I send a bit of a nasty reply, saying her hutch was suitable for 2 piggies or a bonfire, and she was cruel if she has kept a rabbit in it.

She seemed upset, and told me not to message her again.. oops! :roll:

Yea, I was just annoyed that despite me telling her it wasnt RSPCA sizes, she claimed it was still suitable! Clearly she really wanted that sale!

5ft for a Giant!? :shock:

Maybe for a small/meduim bun, but only for a temp hutch.

:evil: some people :roll:

I think a bit of patience & perseverance would have done the trick here.

A helpful reply would have been sending her some links to the afore mentioned RSPCA guidelines. Being rude & nasty to people gets you, the owners, and more importantly, the buns absolutely nowhere. ;)

Nice one. Some random people think if they own a rabbit they know across the board whats best for everybun! same as people in pet shops try to tell me that buns grind theirs teeth cos they are annoyed. It's patronising when you correct people who clearly know nothing and they tell you that you're wrong! Good on you for putting her straight!

A helpful reply would have been sending her some links to the afore mentioned RSPCA guidelines. Being rude & nasty to people gets you, the owners, and more importantly, the buns absolutely nowhere. ;)

The only nasty but really was me telling her it was best on a bonfire.

This is my tack when talking to people too.

I think its understandable she was upset initially, however, I hope that she goes away, does some research and thinks again. Once people have gotten over their initial reaction they are often able to think more clearly, so hopefully she will do.

One bit too many, in my opinion.

Yes the hutch is not suitable for a giant bun, but lets be honest, she could do a heck of a lot worse. 5 foot is not far off a 6 footer. It's not the usual 3ft or less general members of the public have! & I have seen a few posts from members here mentioning they have buns in 4ft and 5ft hutches.

Sorry but nasty comments do not get you anywhere, if anything it makes people less inclined to listen to you. A simple link would have had much more effect.

The only nasty but really was me telling her it was best on a bonfire.

It was spur of the moment, hopefully she understands she is wrong and at least wont advertise it as suited for giants

Hopefully she will.

And to make my posts constructive, rather than just critising really, can I make a suggestion if someone else gets in touch you with you offering an inadequate hutch (& I am sure it will happen again, unfortunately)?

"Thank you for the offer, but I am looking for at least a 6x2x2 ft hutch, as per RSPCA's guidelines (enter link to guidelines here)."

Straight to the point, polite & much, much more effective.

I was after a hutch for piggies, so hers would have been fine, I just don't need one anymore so my ad has been removed. I forgot it was up.

when i was after a hutch for my pair a woman sent me a picture of what only i can desribe as a shoe box :shock: i never knew you could get hutchs so small.i sent her the biggest reply with rspca guidelines etc.im not allowed put her reply :lol:

Back