• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oat Hay - limit?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
How much, is too much?

My two love the stuff, but i dont want to over feed it, if its not good for them?

oat hay is my buns absolute favourite!! i bought them one bag and now they wont eat any other hay, i have to use it as bedding now and go out and get more oat hay. brats!

I think it has slightly more protein than meadow hay. I'm not entirely sure just something in the back of my mind. But not in any great huge quantities obviously!

I've heard it's not the best choice for dieting buns, but I don't think B&G come into that category. Even Spenser likes it.

I've heard it's not the best choice for dieting buns, but I don't think B&G come into that category. Even Spenser likes it.

I'm doing my best to help Ginger's weight increase, so its all good, that was actually my reasoning for purchasing it.

If Biccy puts on a little, its not a massive problem either, he's not exactly 'fat' except his big furry bottom! :lol:

Don't let Boudicca's Daisy know they are on oat hay, especially if it's green oat hay. ;) I really need to get some for Spenser, so about o look into express delivery. The things we do... :oops::roll:

Don't let Boudicca's Daisy know they are on oat hay, especially if it's green oat hay. ;) I really need to get some for Spenser, so about o look into express delivery. The things we do... :oops::roll:

It's VERY green oat hay :shock: :lol:

Oooooooooh Daiiiiiiisssssssyyyyyyyyy :lol:

My Brian gets really bad soft poop when he eats too much oat hay, but he has always had a sensitive tum, so I would assume its fine unlimited so long as they dont have any obvious issuse with it.

i thought of Daisy too when Graham mentioned "big furry bottom" :lol: Joejoes going to be off the green oat hay for a while till he gets some podge off too despite his protestations thats he's 'big boned' :lol::lol:

My Brian gets really bad soft poop when he eats too much oat hay, but he has always had a sensitive tum, so I would assume its fine unlimited so long as they dont have any obvious issuse with it.

it might be because oat is very cleansing, it will "flush" them out so to speak.

:p thats why they are starting to put more oats and stuff like that in dog/cat food these days.

Back