• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

digging box contents

JLG

Mama Doe
Fairly basic question - what to put in it? :oops:
I have read that a misture of straw and soil is best, but what sort of soil? does it have to be top soil from the garden (centre) or could you use compost from a bag?
what else to put in it, and how big should the box be for 2 fairly large rexes?
My 2, well Kane actually, have started really trashing their bedroom, digging the megazorb in the litter trays up and pulling the newspaper from underneath them and shredding it every night.
So i want to give them something they can play in aswell.
Any help much appreciated.

Peanut's diggy box has got carefresh and hay in it, I've also cut up a couple of toilet rolls so they resemble cardboard rings and added those into the mix as well. It's a new 'toy' so I've not tried anything else before. I did think of using soil but it could get quite messy as she's indoors and the carefresh seems to work fine. I'm lucky that she's never dug up her litter tray even before I got her the diggy box.

I have one with hay, some of their daily pellets and veg mixed in. Their other is half- filled with a mixture of compost and play sand. Handy having kids with a sandpit.:D

Just going to tag along on this thread, I'm going to be getting one of these sorted soon for my pair so just putting my ears in here :wave:

thanks for the ideas folks
I'll report back when i'ev got one sorted.
Another question - Do they try to tip it over or are they happy to jump in and out?

Back