• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your rabbit come when you call them?

So do they?

• Yep they do indeed!

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • No chance!

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Err sometimes, with enough perseverance...

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters

mattyp

Warren Veteran
Recently i've noticed that Marvin has started coming when I call his name! I'm am absolutely astounded as I never thought he would be trainable in any way shape or form. But now if he's snuck upstairs and I wan't him to come back down I just have to call his name a few times and his slowly hops back down to me.

I had heard that some rabbits could learn to come to their owner, but never thought i'd be so lucky as to get one :lol: Sadly Maisie only responds to food bribes however...

So does anyone here have a smarty pants bun who knows their name/when they're being called?
:)

Poll to follow...

Last edited:
Apollo and Fiver do. The rest just look at me, assess if I have food or not, if I don't then there is no chance they are moving. :lol:

They recognise the "clicking" sound I make when I bring them a treat and that usually works. But they don't respond to words.

Sometimes...

When i bent down and called Toffee and George yesterday they came hopping over, but they thought i had some nom noms :lol:

But when i call out George's name if he is being a naughty bun, he looks round at me! :roll: :lol:
Toffee does this too and Daisy does sometimes, but fuzzy just ignores me :roll: :lol:

Lily comes when I have food.Shes not too bad.Shes usually near me.
BB never at all.
Mrs Bun and Roland are both the same, as they both come when i have food, or in a small area.If theyre in the garden, I have no chance.But I can round them up.

B&G only respond if i tap my pocket at the same time.

This isn't them responding to their names, its learnt behaviour that if i tape my trousers and make a noise (which in this case is 'Come Biscuit Come' for example) that if they run to my feet, they'll get food.

:wave:

They only seem to come when they know they will get somthing yummy, and then not to my voice, only to the sound of the treat bag rustling!!

They seem to know when I am tricking them as well, when I want them to come but I have no noms in the treat bag :roll:

They recognise the "clicking" sound I make when I bring them a treat and that usually works. But they don't respond to words.

At least you know they're intelligent enough to know when you are calling them, which is pretty cool.

All mine come if I make the food noise. Some of them come when I call their name (Badger, Sky, Flame, Hope, Lightning, Sandy, Floss and Dusk (I accidently called them Sandy and Roger the other day and they didn't come :lol:) mainly, but they will all come when I make the food noise.

yup, eric and esme do. sometimes they expect food and sometimes they just want a nose rub or to find out what i'm doing:love:

yup, eric and esme do. sometimes they expect food and sometimes they just want a nose rub or to find out what i'm doing:love:

eta - eric hasn't just come to me whilst i've been calling him as he's nibbling the front door:roll:
so, yes, they come when called UNLESS they're up to mischief!

Grace does she is free range in the house and when it's meal times and I call her she comes running up to me all excited for her food, Pud also will come when you call him and Cloud did..Bless her.

Otis used to if he was in the run and I called him he'd run in. Max and Biscuit just come running if they see you anyway, don't think they know their names.

Back