• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snowball update - back from the vet :)

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
just got home from the vets.
(we went to the willows)

she didn't clean his ear, she said that because it is such a clean wound (as in, it's straight, not ragged) and the fact that it's already healing up, cleaning it again would just make it bleed again and would do more damage than good.

she has given me some baytril for him to make sure he doesn't get an infection. have to give him 0.4 mls per day. she said it was all on the bottle, but doesn't say how long to give it to him for, so i will have to ring later and find out. there isn't much in the bottle, so am guessing it won't be for long.

don't need to go back with him unlss it gets inflamed or he scratches it and makes it worse :)

my little chunk weighs 1.3kg

finally remembered to ask what type of lop he was and she said he seems like a good mixture. she thinks he has english lop in him but he is a mixture of breeds lol

They usually just give you the amount you need eg if you run out in 3 days just give it for three days

They usually just give you the amount you need eg if you run out in 3 days just give it for three days

thanks kath :)
im a bit dim when it comes to stuff like that lol.

he was good as gold at the vets, very pleased with him :)

spoke to them about the money issue. i am also giving them money each week so that there is enough "in credit" for the consultation fee. that way i don't need to worry if there is an emergency, because whilst you can make a payment plan, you do need to pay the consultation fee first. as we all know, i usually dont have £23 lying around. so i am going to make sure there is always money in credit on my account.

Ooo thats a good idea, fingers crossed once he is vaccs and neutered he wont need to go back for 6 months and you can save up a bit in that time :D

Ooo thats a good idea, fingers crossed once he is vaccs and neutered he wont need to go back for 6 months and you can save up a bit in that time :D

i am hoping so :)
i was panicking this morning, really badly. i had spoken to them before i brought snowball home about a payment plan and they said that was fine.
but when i rang today they said that they need the consultation fee on the day. i said i only had £10 and could they please take that just until friday when i would give them the rest. they said they couldn't do it, they need the consultation fee.
but they gave me the number for the rspca and told me to ring them and ask them to pay the consultation fee for me.
i had to do it, because snowball needed to be seen.

so have got a long plan in place with money LOL.
first i am sorting his vac and neuter.
then i am saving money with them for his consultation fee for future.

then i am saving up so i can donate all the money they have spent back to the branch of the rspca who has helped me out today.

luckily i had the money there to pay for the baytril today.

long plan, but it will get sorted soon :) hopefully it won't be long before i have a job and everything will be ok again!

Back