• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Breeds

gareth_mattey

Warren Scout
Well the white one is very big, wouldnt think he'd be a dwarf? In his vaccine book when i got him he was just listed as lop eared but i thought lops had droopy hears but his are pointed in the air. Its confusing haha.

I know, you would think a dwarf bunny was tiny but no they are big and weigh a few kilos. But they are lovely bunnies. :wave:

Well the white one is very big, wouldnt think he'd be a dwarf? In his vaccine book when i got him he was just listed as lop eared but i thought lops had droopy hears but his are pointed in the air. Its confusing haha.

The dwarf lop isn't a dwarf really, that would be the mini lop. Also as they both look like crosses they could get bigger than the normal dwarf lop size ;)

Bluey in my sig is a dwarf lop also and compared to my Nethies he is huge :lol:

your thinking of nethie dwarfs they are totaly differant breed

i had a "dwarf" lop eared white she was a big girl

Oh right thanks for clearing that up about dwarfs, shes wearing a cone as she was speyd and she kept trying to lick/nibble where her cut was so she had to wear that so she didnt have blood pouring out lol.

Sorry for the brief reply before, was at work on a quick break.

When i took Bugsy for her spey they told me she was classed as a large rabbit, i thought ok she must be quite a big bun but when i got Bambi i soon realised she's tiny in comparison to him.

I know Bugsy is a more manly name but its because i got told she was a he when i got her, so thats why she doesnt have a more girly name but i didnt want to change it as she's always been called Bugsy to me.

I understand why Bambi is called Bambi by its previous owners, he does some weird hop that goes sideways and forwards at the same time, looks really funny but i liked Bambi as a name anyway.

Im guessing Bugsy could be a dwarf lop crossed with a german lop as she looks very similar to one of those but Bambi's cross ive no idea.

Back