• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who feeds their bunnies a bit extra in the cold?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
..... and how much?

I give about 15 or so extra pellets per day and an extra supper at night of a sprinkling of pellets, dried carrot and apple, dried herbs and fresh herbs. What de ya think? :?

..... and how much?

I give about 15 or so extra pellets per day and an extra supper at night of a sprinkling of pellets, dried carrot and apple, dried herbs and fresh herbs. What de ya think? :?

I was doing this ... it was when I started to cut back that Spenser developed his current offness with pellets. :? Where do you get your dried carrots and herbs from? Might be something I could try with His Fussiness. :wave:

Mine got extra over the winter :oops:
Now i have been reducing them again... they are abit podgy :oops: :lol:

I do. I was originally giving them a handful of pellets aswell as veg, hay & readigrass. I still had a bit of weight loss though.(the buns did not me - I wish :lol:) and should note it was only about 3 that did. So a bowl full is placed down of a night currently ad lib. It's gone by the morning, so they must eat their hay all day.

In the summer I will be feeding much less pellets, as I go and collect a LOT of fresh grass for them every day.

I was doing this ... it was when I started to cut back that Spenser developed his current offness with pellets. :? Where do you get your dried carrots and herbs from? Might be something I could try with His Fussiness. :wave:

Its a bag of burges dried apple and carrot mix. Burges also do dried garden herbs in a little bag. Mine love it but a lot of the dried herbs are small bits and the buns only like the big bits BUT, the piggies like the little bits! A match made in heaven! :p

Its a bag of burges dried apple and carrot mix. Burges also do dried garden herbs in a little bag. Mine love it but a lot of the dried herbs are small bits and the buns only like the big bits BUT, the piggies like the little bits! A match made in heaven! :p

Spenser's had that, but it's been out of stock for ages at Animal Magic. I haven't checked this week though. Pets at Home doesn't do it.

Spenser's had that, but it's been out of stock for ages at Animal Magic. I haven't checked this week though. Pets at Home doesn't do it.

I get it from my local pet shop. I think I saw it on Hay Experts the other day when I was ordering Megazorb. :D

I feed extra fresh veg and pellets but that's because of the lack of grass in Winter for them to nibble on in the day. :D

Back