• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what should i be feeding?

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
Hi

well what title says really :)

I would just like to know what i should be feeding ash, and i know i am being picky but exactly etc what veg how much what pellets how much how often in a day?

Ash has access to hay and grass all the time! if possible could i see some pics of what you feed?

Ash is currently alone :)

thanks in advance

Ash&crystal

Good veg are normally dark, leafy greens. I give mine a handful (I'm a bit younger than you) twice a day. Pellets, the normal rule is an eggcup a day.

I give a mixture of fresh food, fresh grass, pellets, hay and dried leaves/herbs. Not necessarily in that order of preference.

Because my buns have always had access to grass all day everyday when the weather is good I increase/ decrease the fresh veg and pellets depending on how much grass they're getting, so in winter or if it's been raining all day I'll give more of these.

The fresh veg I give can consist of any mixture of spring greens, curly kale, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower (both parts), parsnips, parsley, and mint, amongst others I've probably forgotten.

The hay is in a pile in the hutch and the pellets are mixed into a bowl of dried leaves/herbs to encourage foraging.

Oh and as the odd treat I give a piece or two of dried fruit, like raisins or cranberries. I can't remember the last time I bought a packet of rabbit treats from a pet shop!

In each case you need to give small amounts and introduce things slowly. Some buns can be very picky eaters so there may be some things your bun just won't eat.

:D

I think that you won't get the answer to your question because each rabbit is different and has different needs, wants and likes.

Great response here :)

I would just feed what keeps a healthy weight on your bunny a handful of veg as a rule, a nice mixture of herbs (parsley, coriander,mint are my favs for them) and personally i feed a handful or two of pellets with an abundance of hay. I have to feed more pellets with some buns as they don't keep weight on- some i free feed as they are ill, others put on weight easily and i reduce what I'm giving them. The veg though is the same for all of them and hay is just as much as i can possibly get them to eat.

I think that you won't get the answer to your question because each rabbit is different and has different needs, wants and likes.

Back