• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Closed

whitehood

Warren Veteran
He didn't know the basics he was stunned when i was explaining everything to him at school.
I asked him if he had a shed or garage he said yea.
I asked him if it was dusty and if it was used alot he said it's dusty and it would take ages for him to clean it up with help.
I then asked him about cats and foxes .. He said yes they do come sometimes.
I said firstly if i give my rabbit to you he will suffer from the dust in your garage and hurt himself with the junk in his shed then i said he will get eaten by cats or foxes.
I want to re home him knowing that his owner will take care of him and that Jack will be alive. :(
What should i do?
I am going to have to decline his offer even though i wanted him to have Jack.
He also didnt know what a run was and it wuld cost more than £10-20.
I dont want to put Jacks life in danger ? ! :(

Last edited:
What it comes down to is do you think he can be educated and would do his best for Jack for the rest of his life? If the answer is no, then say no to him.

Well done for thinking about what kind of home you wat Jack to go to :)

Could you get in contact with a rescue and offer them a donation if they help you with the rehoming? they could advertise him and do a home check and you could essentially act as a fosterer?

That might help you know that he's going to a good home.

Sorry about your friend, rabbits are more work than a lot of people think unfortunately. Do you think he would do everything necessary if you helped him learn about and set up for Jack?

No way would I rehome to him, he sounds like to worst possible home UNLESS you believe that with guidance and advice he can create the best environment for Jack.

He can't deter away neighbour hood cats and foxes that visit his road once every week.
Thats why im going have to deny.

Im rehoming Jack because he wont get on with my other rabbit Lucky and i dont think he ever will as hes aggressive when coming to bonding with Lucky.

Why are rehoming him just to replace him by a female?:?

Male and male bondings do work you must try first, I just don't understand why you would rescue a rabbit just to put your original rabbit up for a new home?

Hes the brown one

I have tried bonding them it depends on their personalities and Jacks isn't very friendly when coming to bond with Lucky as I've said before...

Im a bit confused:?
Youve created a website offering rabbit advice and yet post a question like this??
Please forgive me if Im missing something!

Im a bit confused:?
Youve created a website offering rabbit advice and yet post a question like this??
Please forgive me if Im missing something!

I'm confused, too. I thought you were going to get help with bonding but perhaps I've missed something.

Is Jack neutered are the female's spayed? I've only got one male in Harvey but it took me 48 hours to bond him with Tika, it was her who was the Diva. :roll:

I hope you can get some help with the male bonding that way you can keep them both :) I'm not sure what rescues are near you but others may know.

Hey everyone I've finally decided for the last time
I'm bonding Jack and Lucky through a rescue if it's successful then I will keep them both.
If not then I will have to re home Jack and Adopt a female. :wave:
I think that is fair.
Im tryingg :D

Hey everyone I've finally decided for the last time
I'm bonding Jack and Lucky through a rescue if it's successful then I will keep them both.
If not then I will have to re home Jack and Adopt a female. :wave:
I think that is fair.
Im tryingg :D

Are you going to use a Rescue from here, or have you found someone else? What is going to happen to the female you were going to have at the weekend?

For someone who has created a rabbit welfare site - which people ideally would go to for information and advice on rabbit welfare, I dont think you are setting a very good example by being so fickle over your own rabbit welfare. Sorry, but one minute you are going to bond, then you are getting another rabbit, then you decide to rehome your rabbit, then you decide not to . Hardly giving out the right welfare image is it?:(:(

Back