• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poll - where did you get your bunny/s and why?

where did you get your bunny from

• pet shop

Votes: 33 32.0%
  • breeder

Votes: 21 20.4%
  • rescue

Votes: 62 60.2%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 34 33.0%

• Total voters

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
was just curious where everyone got their bunny / bunnies and what made them decide to get each bun :)
(oh and it's multiple choice :))

snowball was a petshop bunny.
i had no intention of getting any pet, never mind a rabbit.
but i fell in love with him and knew he had to be mine :)
he waited in the pet shop for 2 weeks while i did my research and then got his home ready for him :)

Last edited:
Badger, Sandy and The Dopeys came from a breederr. I bred Sky, Angel, Star, Sunny, Lightning, Hope, Dusk and Dawn myself (note: I only ever bred to keep, and to keep Flash alive- selfish, yes, but its not something I would do now, the youngest rabbits of those bred will be 4 at the start of June). In recent years all I have taken on is rescue rabbits, Candyfloss, Roger, Autumn, Wish, Flame (as well as Summer, Tilly and Rosie who have since died) and fostered a myriad of other rabbits for rescues too.

Heather - pet shop, my 9th birthday though we soon realised she was going to be a hell of alot more work then we first assumed :shock::lol:
Barty - Rescue, were just meant to be 'looking' for a friend for Heather, no definate decisions, but weeeell we just fell in love with his little mooshy face and reserved him :love:

Lucky - an advert on facebook because the owner realised she couldnt cope with what he needed.
Daisy - a rescue

:love:

I pressed breeder and didn't mean to :oops: Although I suppose I did really. I dunno, it's complicated!

Mischa - pet shop
Mini - Mischa's daughter (er, complicated)
Nutmeg - rehomed from a friend (er, more complicated)
Smudge - pet shop

Now I would only get a rescue bun, but I didn't know about that at the time for the first three and with Smudge I knew of rescues but didn't know the ins and outs and felt a little overwhelmed, so when I saw him there week after week I ended up getting him :oops:

Albert and Dutchie are Fatfluffs
Fudge and Evie are RSPCA buns
Bella and Chloe were from an ad at a farm when I didnt know any better :oops:

I worked with a company who pay people to take animals round schools nurseries etc to talk to children about them. A member of staff was leaving and left Roly at the office. I had just been employed by the company so was offered him. I knew I'd be asked to take on some furries for the job but had been told by my parents that a rabbit was the one thing they wouldn't allow. When I seen the awful state he was in though I said I'd take him (the company did not check that their employees were caring for the animals correctly). Meedless to say I didn't work with them long.

Honey was the first single female rabbit who was around the same age and size as him who was brought in to Fife rabbit rescue. The rescue very kindly gave Roly accomodation for two nights while they bonded the pair together and we've had them ever since.

Blue - breeder.
Honey - I got told about her being let go along with siblings if noone took them, very shoddy breeder, didnt pay for her and she was far to young and has far to many problems bless.
Bracken - Girl at my old dance school were I use to teach got bored after 3days :roll:
Dizzee Rascal - P@H adoption
Florence - Local Rescue

My 5 bunnies were rescued. 3 from the Animal Samaritans and 2 from Greenwich Rabbit Rescue.

But only have 2 bunnies at a time. Made a committment now that when one bunny passes away I get another one for a companion for my other bunny. Poor Sunshine now has his 3rd companion. I really worry about losing bunnies.
Always so heartbreaking.

My cat was from a pet shop.

was just curious where everyone got their bunny / bunnies and what made them decide to get each bun :)

snowball was a petshop bunny.
i had no intention of getting any pet, never mind a rabbit.
but i fell in love with him and knew he had to be mine :)
he waited in the pet shop for 2 weeks while i did my research and then got his home ready for him :)

scooter is orginally from pets at home and was bought with another male called stallion he was about 12 weeks old. very fast and playful. quite shy towards people. he was very cute too and his ears weren't flopped. stallion on the other hand was my choice and scooter was my bfs. i feel in love with stallion as soon as i saw him he licked the glass were my hand was when i saw him.

i had never had a rabbit before and didnt know much at all but the bf had practically grown up around them. didnt have much to do with them when little like but he knew enought. we went after collage one day and bought them straight away complete with a big cage, shavings, bunny baby food, toys, bowls and bottle and a load of hay.

they both got on very well until they just about 3 or months old they started fighting and had to be seperated scooter and very serious injuries and me and the bf was told that one would have to go and me being me i didnt want this to happen. so i begged my mom and she said yes a couple of days later he started living with me i kept an eye on the gash in his leg and toke him to my collage were my teacher who is also a vet nurse helped me treat his wounds. his leg fully recovered a 2 weeks later and ive had him ever since.

the end. :D

I thought all rescues would be dirty and all the rabbits there would be old and retired.
That's why i got a young bunny from a pet shop.
Now i know better.

Milo- pets at home
Fizz -family member who was fostering her.
Roo -free adds
Sally- Fat fluffs.

ETA: Just seen the why in the question :oops:

Pets at home bun..... Because I didnt know better.

Family member ..... I knew about rescues and the problems they faced so I went straight to her (a fosterer) to rehome a bun.

Free adds... Because I fell in love with the unwanted free bun I saw and was In a position to have him.

Fat fluffs.... I asked on here for a rescue local to me and that would help me bond. Chloe sent me a message and I have my girl :D

I will always rescue now. :wave:

Last edited:
I got Nala and Magic from NRSA rescue. My previous bun had passed away a couple of years ago, and I was going to stick with piggies. I Looked after a friends daughters rabbit and piggy (in together!) for hols. He was lovely but nails overgrown and kept in a small cage in house. I begged the owner to let me have them, but they would'nt, so I rescued my 2 last October as I realised I missed having bunnys. Then 2 weeks ago owner rang and asked if I would take the bun and piggy so I now have 3 lovely Rabbits and 5 gorgeous guineas!:lol:

Back