• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet shops should stop selling live animals

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Im not just talking about rabbits I'm talking about all animals. They should only be selling appliances/equipment.
Only rescues should be able to breed animals. By this i mean the only place to get pets are rescues.
And breeders who have a license, but can breed only once in a month and there money goes to rescues.
This is my dream :p
Hope one day it becomes true.
If there are owners there who cant cope with there adopted animal they should give it back to the rescue and the rescue should stop breeding until their stock goes. :)

I personally agree about breeders needing to be licensed. I also think they should be monitored and assessed. (breeding once a month would not be responsible, not if its the same animal).

I agree with pet shops not selling any animals.

I do NOT agree with rescues breeding. That would not be responsible breeding.

I think all animals who are rehomed should be spayed/neutered as well as vaccinated, to prevent 'accidental' litters and irresponsible breeding.

I personally agree about breeders needing to be licensed. I also think they should be monitored and assessed. (breeding once a month would not be responsible, not if its the same animal).

I agree with pet shops not selling any animals.

I do NOT agree with rescues breeding. That would not be responsible breeding.

I think all animals who are rehomed should be spayed/neutered as well as vaccinated, to prevent 'accidental' litters and irresponsible breeding.

I agree with Sky-O :D

The pet shop I go to doesn't sell ANY living creature at all. Only equipment/harnesses and toys and entertaining things. They also give out GOOD info and ask question. And another thing is that they give you an option instead of saying yes to everything just because they want to sell. :D

Sadly it will never happen about Pet shops, i do like the idea of them not selling animals.

I also think breeders across the board should be licensed. I also think rescues should be checked as anyone can say they are a rescue, we put our faith in people who ask for donations but do we honestly know in all cases that they are an actual rescue?

I don't want rescues to breed in any way, it is an oxymoron in my opinion and those that do in any way shape or form should not be supported.

Back